- Miss Cora Merrills has returned to her home at Minneapolis. She was accompanied by her mother, who has been visiting in the home of Morris Harrington for the past year but for the past few months has been unable to return to her home in the West.
- School began last week in District No. 12. Miss Dougherty is again the instructor.
- The patrons of the Hollenbeck factory held a meeting Saturday night. R. J. Hollenbeck makes the cheese and furnishes it for $1.45. He is also secretary and salesman. The majority voted not to skim the cans this fall.
- Elmer Dunham has rented James Ingalls' farm and Truman Butler's house for the ensuing year and took possession last week.
- Mrs. George Harp, of Pratt's Hollow, spent a few days with her father and mother, also Lot Black and wife were guests at the parental home recently.
- Mr. and Mrs. Olcott, of Oneida Castle, spent Sunday with her father and family.
- Mr. and Mrs. J. L. Ward have been entertaining their grand-daughters from Oneida.
- Sanford Clark and wife, of Oneida, spent Sunday with his father and mother.
- Mrs. D. Stone and son visited her sister, Mrs. Frank Brewster, Sunday.
- The people in this vicinity are getting awakened over the enormity of the sheriff's bill. Thanks to THE UNION, which the majority of the citizens about here take. Either through the neglect to secure a
supervisor's book or carelessness in looking it through, but few realize the actual facts in the case. But, thanks to a good, live newspaper, the people are becoming enlightened. The action to be brought against the sheriff is commended by all.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 15 May 2011
You are our 1838 visitor since 26 Nov 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page