- Mrs. Abram Moon has been absent about two or three weeks at Clockville, the guest of her son, Emmett Moon, and family.
- Miss Nellie Ingalls has returned to her home, at Lee Centre, after spending some time with friends and relatives here.
- Mr. and Mrs. Riley Moon and Mr. and Mrs. Winfield Eddy spent a day with friends in Durhamville recently.
- Riley Stone is again occupying his house here, having moved back last week.
- Mr. Dunham has taken the Courtney farm, for this year, and has rented the house to a family from the lake, who have already moved in.
- A pound party was held Wednesday at the home of Mrs. Wright, for her benefit, she being aged, nearly blind and thus unable to earn enough for her maintenance. About 25 ladies responded with generously laden baskets. We also saw two loads of wood, the gifts of Mr. Clark and Mr. Eddy.
Refreshments were served, and all enjoyed a pleasant afternoon. Mrs. Wright extends thanks to all who so kindly remembered her, and especially to Mrs. Arvis Dunham and Mrs. Dwight Stone for issuing the invitations.
- Miss Minnie Eddy has been enjoying a week or two in Rome, the guest of Mr. Harmon Eddy.
- Mr. Moore has part of the material on the ground for his new residence. Mr. Christman is framing the timbers at present.
- Arvis Dunham and his wife have closed their house, and are at his father's this summer, it being more convenient for their work.
- Frank Gault is repairing his house. Eugene Morse is doing the work.
- Invitations are out for a pound party for Miss Reckard, Wednesday, at her house. She is worthy of a large company and many pounds.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 15 May 2011
You are our 1812 visitor since 27 Nov 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page