- News is scarce and work plenty in this locality. Some of the farmers are planting corn and finishing up their spring's work.
- The sick are slowly improving.
- Almeron Eddy, of Manlius visited relatives here last week.
- Frank Moon was absent the greater part of last week, being one of the Board of Excise Commissioners.
- Bert Sanders, of Oneida, was a guest of J. Warner and family over the Sabbath.
- Erastus Ingalls and daughter visited relatives at Lee Centre Saturday and Sunday.
- Commissioner Keating appointed Frank Ingalls trustee in place of S. Buyea, who moved from the district. He has not secured a teacher yet, we believe. It will be a good chance for some teacher out of school.
- Apple tree worms have made their appearance in great numbers, and many are burning their nests and destroying as many as possible.
- John Popple moved from the Buyea house to Clockville one day last week. What this place loses Clockville gains.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 16 May 2011
You are our 1780 visitor since 5 Dec 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page