- Mrs. Robert Buyea and family, of Cazenovia, were guests at the parental home Saturday and Sunday.
- The pound party given to Miss Reckard was a success. It resulted in two new calico dresses for her and several yards of cotton cloth, gingham, etc., and $5 in money and a bountiful supply of provisions, for which especial thanks are due to Mrs. Riley Moon and Mrs. Leroy Eddy.
- Mrs. Orcutt and children, of Oneida, visited at her father's, J. L. Ward, over the Sabbath.
- Frank Butler sold his span of black horses to New York parties for $400.
- Mary Vedder paid her many friends here a short visit Saturday and Sunday.
- Mrs. Noah Hinman has been absent visiting her niece, Mrs. Chapman, in Oneida.
- Mr. and Mrs. George Harp, of Pratts Hollow, enjoyed a short stay at her father's here.
- Mrs. Sanders of Gloversville, accompanied by her mother-in-law, spent a week with her parents. Mrs. Hodges, of Oneida, was also home over the Sabbath.
- Miss Nora Ingalls is spending a week or so with friends in Cortland.
- Mrs. Gault and Mrs. Stone visited in Fenner last week.
- It has been so wet that the grain is not all sown yet, but many have their corn ground ready.
- James Butler is laying the walk for Frank Moore's new house.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 14 May 2011
You are our 1881 visitor since 5 Dec 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page