- Cards have been received here to the Tuttle-Bellinger wedding, which takes place Thursday of this week.
- The ladies of the M. E. Society of Peterboro will give an ice-cream and strawberry festival on Saturday evening of this week. The proceeds will go to apply on the salary of Rev. H. L. Rixon. The ladies are requested to furnish cake.
- School resumed operation this morning, and teachers report a profitable week at the institute.
- Mr. and Mrs. Verlanche Eddy will celebrate the fifteenth anniversary of their marriage on Wednesday, June 11, to which a large company has been invited. It is to be held at the residence of Leroy Eddy, his father's, owing to the better accomodation of a large house.
- Hops are wending their way to the top of the pole. Some growers are tying the third time using ladders. They are looking good.
- High winds prevail with frequent thunder showers, but the hail did not reach here, it being too far south, where it did lots of damage, especially to the hops.
- Dwight Stone has been delivering hay to parties at Lenox Basin, the past week.
- Mr. Cass vacated the Buyea house, and has rented it to Mr. Bowers, who has already taken possession.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 16 May 2011
You are our 1696 visitor since 5 Dec 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page