- Cards have been received here to the Tuttle-Bellinger wedding, which takes place Thursday of this week.
- The ladies of the M. E. Society of Peterboro will give an ice-cream and strawberry festival on Saturday evening of this week. The proceeds will go to apply on the salary of Rev. H. L. Rixon
. The ladies are requested to furnish cake.
- School resumed operation this morning, and teachers report a profitable week at the institute.
- Mr. and Mrs. Verlanche Eddy
will celebrate the fifteenth anniversary of their marriage on Wednesday, June 11, to which a large company has been invited. It is to be held at the residence of Leroy Eddy
, his father's, owing to the better accomodation of a large house.
- Hops are wending their way to the top of the pole. Some growers are tying the third time using ladders. They are looking good.
- High winds prevail with frequent thunder showers, but the hail did not reach here, it being too far south, where it did lots of damage, especially to the hops.
- Dwight Stone
has been delivering hay to parties at Lenox Basin, the past week.
- Mr. Cass
vacated the Buyea house, and has rented it to Mr. Bowers
, who has already taken possession.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell
/ Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 16 May 2011
You are our 1774 visitor since 5 Dec 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page