- Our Sunday school is gaining in members again now that the ... harvest is nearly over. The subject of a picnic was agitated and we believe was decided in the affirmative, provided suitable grounds for
it could be secured. D. Wright, of Siloam, attended the Sunday-school and assisted in arranging plans, etc. Some of the committees were selected and it is expected it will be held in a week.
- Misses Jennie and Lena Snyder returned to their home at Cortland, on Monday last and were accompanied by their aunt, Miss Nora Ingalls.
- Mrs Watkins, our Sunday school superintendent is absent ... Johnsville. Her place is supplied by Miss Emma Moore.
- Miss Minnie Eddy left on Wednesday, for a lengthy visit to relatives in Bridgeport.
- We neglected to speak of Mrs. A. Moon's return from Syracuse some time ago.
- Many are intending to begin their oat and barley harvesting this morning, or within a few days. There is not much wheat raised in this section and what little there was is a very light crop.
- Katie Louis returned to her home at Syracuse. She has been visiting her sister, Mrs. Charlie Gregg, for some time.
- Miss Mary Vedder is visiting at the home of W. Miller on the East Hill.
- Grove Stoddard is the envy of all the small boys now, as he has a span of black goats in his possession, through the kindness of his little friend, Frankie Phillips, of Oneida, and as they are broken to harness, he and his little brother, Harry, maybe seen driving and riding about every day.
- The school closed with a picnic in the Clark district last Friday, a few from this place attending, among the latter was Miss Anna Moon and her friend, Nora Stoddard. Miss Anna favored them with some music, which was fluently executed.
- Miss Nannie Gault has been been spending some time at home.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 17 May 2011
You are our 1848 visitor since 31 Oct 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page