- Our Sunday school is gaining in members again now that the ... harvest is nearly over. The subject of a picnic was agitated and we believe was decided in the affirmative, provided suitable grounds for
it could be secured. D. Wright
, of Siloam, attended the Sunday-school and assisted in arranging plans, etc. Some of the committees were selected and it is expected it will be held in a week.
- Misses Jennie and Lena Snyder
returned to their home at Cortland, on Monday last and were accompanied by their aunt, Miss Nora Ingalls
- Mrs Watkins, our Sunday school superintendent is absent ... Johnsville. Her place is supplied by Miss Emma Moore
- Miss Minnie Eddy
left on Wednesday, for a lengthy visit to relatives in Bridgeport.
- We neglected to speak of Mrs. A. Moon
's return from Syracuse some time ago.
- Many are intending to begin their oat and barley harvesting this morning, or within a few days. There is not much wheat raised in this section and what little there was is a very light crop.
- Katie Louis
returned to her home at Syracuse. She has been visiting her sister, Mrs. Charlie Gregg
, for some time.
- Miss Mary Vedder
is visiting at the home of W. Miller
on the East Hill.
- Grove Stoddard
is the envy of all the small boys now, as he has a span of black goats in his possession, through the kindness of his little friend, Frankie Phillips
, of Oneida, and as they are broken to harness, he and his little brother, Harry, maybe seen driving and riding about every day.
- The school closed with a picnic in the Clark district last Friday, a few from this place attending, among the latter was Miss Anna Moon
and her friend, Nora Stoddard
. Miss Anna favored them with some music, which was fluently executed.
- Miss Nannie Gault
has been been spending some time at home.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell
/ Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 17 May 2011
You are our [an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor since 31 Oct 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page