- Henry Reckard, with his gang of workmen, have finished the bridge near Stroughs', and are at work near Frank Ingalls, at present
- A Sunday-school picnic is to be held Thursday in the yard of Mr. Pierce. All are cordially invited and a good time is expected.
- Mrs. Clark is a little better. At present she is under the care of Dr. Griffin, of Munnsville.
- Frank Moon's new house is being rapidly completed, and is receiving its first coat of paint. It is a handsome and commodious residence, of which Mr. Moon may feel justly proud.
- Mrs. Ratnour, of Auburn, has been visiting Mr. A. Moon and Mrs. Harrington the past week.
- Mrs. D. Stone and son recently spent a day or so at the lake.
- Masters Grove and Harry Stoddard spent Sunday with an aunt at Valley Mills. They were accompanied by their sister who remains for a week's visit.
- Mr. and Mrs. J. L. Ward spent last week in Augusta visiting among numerous relatives there.
- Mrs. John Warner is absent visiting her daughters in Gloversville and Oneida.
- At our school meeting Winfield Eddy was elected trustee, Dwight Stone, collector, and Giles Harrington, clerk. Mr. Eddy has already secured the services of E. Parks, of Oneida, who comes highly recommended. We have several young ladies and gentlemen who require a first-class school, and we are in hopes such it will prove to be, as Mr. Parks is a graduate and has had several years experience,
- Mrs. S. Morse visited friends in Peterboro last week.
- Mrs. Florence Sayles has been absent sewing, in the family of Mr. Warren on the hill.
- Mrs. Ann Ould, of Oswego, is the guest of S. Eddy and family at Wampsville.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 15 May 2011
You are our 1876 visitor since 18 Jan 1999 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page