- Mrs. A. Lawrence, of Syracuse, and Mrs. N. Chaffee, of Clockville, were the guests of Mrs. Douglass on Tuesday last.
- Zenas Gault is at work for John Parkhurst, of Hoboken, this fall.
- Roy Eddy and his sister, Minnie go to Canastota this morning to enter school there.
- Our school begins today with Miss Santry as taecher. She boards with the trustee, Frank Buyea.
- Steward Harrington goes to Oneida today. We believe to attend school there.
- D. Magawn's grandmother has been spending some time visiting him. They also entertained other friends on Sunday last.
- Mr. and Mrs. D. Stone visited her sister near the Community a short time ago.
- Miss A. Ward has returned home from Augusta.
- J. L. Ward had sold his hops to Oneida parties for 22 cents per pound, to be delivered this week.
- Several of the farmers have sold their hay to Bridge & Souter. Mr. Bridge's son-in-law, Dell Goff, does the pressing and gives excellent satisfaction among the farmers here. Among the number
that have sold and pressed are W. Eddy, O. Strough, Stone & Buyea, S. Stoddrad and E. Ingalls.
- Jerome Dunham has removed his household things from the homestead and is housekeeping in a smaller house on the same place.
- Mr. and Mrs. Maloney and daughter, Amy, returned to their Oneida home. They spent their time here during hop picking and occupied their own house. The old man is very feeble, being confined to his bed most of the time.
- Eldbridge Dunham spent Sunday with his friends here.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 16 May 2011
You are our 1850 visitor since 31 Oct 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page