- George Hollenbeck, of Lee Centre, made his parents a short call last week. His sister-in-law, Miss Nellie Ingalls, returned to the Centre with him to continue the dress making business.
- Mrs. Carrie McGown visited her parents at Hoboken a short time ago.
- Mrs. E. Bridge, of Clockville, was a pleasant caller at the home of her son Saturday last.
- Thaddeus Stoddard, of Pratt's Hollow, has been visiting relatives here.
- Frank Heyser and wife, of Cansatota, were guests of F. Buyea on Friday of last week.
- Mr. and Mrs. Charlie Phelps and daughter, Jennie, of Bridgeport, spent Saturday and Sunday at the home of her sister, Mrs. Winfield Eddy.
- Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Foote, of Peterboro, visited the latter's daughter on Wednesday last.
- Several from this place attended the party at Ed. Bridge's on Friday night.
- The remains of Isaac Snook and wife and two grandchildren were removed from our cemetery and taken to Glenwood last week.
- Mr. and Mrs. Frank Gault visited their daughter at Chittenango a short time.
- Dell Goff and his three men pressed A. McPherson's hay last week. They turned out 125 bales in nine hours. If four men can do faster work we shall be glad to hear from them.
- Kirk Hewitt is laid up with a dislocated shoulder. He has finally had his arm put back in place and hopes to be able to work again by spring. It is a serious affair, as his family needs his help to support themselves.
- Mr. and Mrs. Buyea spent Sunday last at Canastota visiting her sister, Mrs. Will Tuttle .
- The school in the Ingalls district began today with a lady teacher from Canastota, and the school in the Snyder district began one week ago, with Louis Ratnour, of Wampsville, as teacher.
- Sylvanus Hart has been on the sick list for a week or so, but is slowly improving.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 17 May 2011
You are our 1938 visitor since 31 Oct 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page