- Harmon Sayles died yesterday at 8 o'clock of consumption. He leaves a wife, and aged father and mother to mourn his loss; also a brother and sister to miss him. The funeral will be held from his late home on Wednesday.
- Our school will begin the 11th of November, with Miss Bushnell, of Bridgeport as teacher.
- Mrs. Simeon Morse has returned home from her visit in Canada.
- Mrs. Frank Moore is gradually failing with that dreaded disease, consumption. She is confined to her bed, but has days that she really seems better and hopes are again entertained that she will recover.
- Mr. and Mrs. B. Johnson and Mr. and Mrs. E. Rich, of Peterboro, were the guests of S. J. Stoddard and family recently.
- Abram Moon and Leroy Eddy delivered their hops last week to Steinkampf, at Oneida, for 8 cents per pound. Stone & Co. delivered theirs at 8 3/4 and 9 cents per pound. He also purchased J. L. Ward's recently.
- Mrs. John Marsh arrived in town Saturday in answer to a telegram stating her brothers' serious illness.
- Miss Cora Buyea has been spending some time in Canastota.
- Miss Anna Moon visited her friend, Miss Lina Shaver, at Siloam, last week.
- Politics is very quiet except the groaning over the awful tax that is to be met somehow December next. It is, of course, laid to our Republican friends and we hope to see them defeated at elections to-morrow. Taxes and farmers have got to take a turn for the better, or the county house will have to take care of the farmers in their old age.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 16 May 2011
You are our 1686 visitor since 27 Nov 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page