- We have been having some very fine warm weather for November and farmers in this section are catching up with their work.
- Frank Ingalls, of this place, has bought the Snyder farm and will move there in the spring. He has sold his house to Truman Butler, of Siloam for $1,100.
- Dwight Stone and family have moved to Oneida. He has rented his farm to Merrill Eddy, who has already taken possession. Mr. Stone, we hear, has bought an interest in a drug store in Oneida.
- Wilton Olcott, of East Boston, has moved into Mrs. Nathaniel Harrington's house.
- Alonzo Snyder, of Cortland, visited relatives here yesterday.
- Mrs. Simon Morse, who has been on the sick list, is able to be around again, much to the joy of her friends.
- Cora Buyea has returned from a visit to Canastota.
- Libbie Hewitt is at work for Mrs. Hughes, east of here, so the mystery of her whereabouts is explained, but not why she she should have made a mystery of it.
- Mrs. Santry spent Saturday and Sunday at Oneida.
- Election passed off very quietly here, and the most of the people in this locality were surpised at the way the election went, as all agreed that that Cleveland was a man hard to beat.
- Harvey Orcutt has bought and torn down the cheese house on the Stoddard place and is moving it to Oneida to erect again as a barn on his place there.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 17 May 2011
You are our 1916 visitor since 19 Nov 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page