- The Working League met at the hotel, Tuesday, where they served dinner to the gentlemen who were at work cleaning up the cemetery, putting in the stone steps, etc. They will be entertained next by Mrs. Nora Moore on Thursday afternoon, Dec. 7. A cordial invitation is extended.
- Mr and Mrs. Frank Moon attended the Rich-Nichols wedding, at Peterboro, Wednesday evening, and the party at Cameron's, which was held the same evening.
- Mrs. Sarah Boyer Hart died Friday morning, Nov. 17, of dropsy of the heart, aged 71 years, She leaves two children, Sylvanus M. Hart, with whom she resided, and Mrs. Robert Buyea, who resides near Cazenovia, besides several grand-children; also by a brother and sister in Kansas and one brother in Massachsuetts. The funeral was largely attended from her late home yesterday, Rev. G. W. Reynolds, of Peterboro, officiating, and intermet was made beside the husband and four children in Peterboro cemetery. The choir from Peterboro was present, for which heartfelt thanks are extended.
- Mrs. Hattie Rutman, accompanied by Mr. and Mrs. W. Serg, of Syracuse, were guests of her brother, S. Stoddard, over the Sabbath, returning to the city this morning.
- Mr.and Mrs. Charles Bugbee will move this week to Frank Ingalls' tenement house, and Burt Eddy will return to his farm, vacated by Mr. Bugbee.
- Mrs. S. D. Morse has had as a recent guest her sister, Mrs. Woodworth.
- Miss Alseba Ward and Miss Lena Orcutt are enjoying a visit in Augusta.
- Mr. and Mrs. F. A. Moore recently entertained Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Dunham, of Munnsville.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 16 May 2011
You are our 2276 visitor since 25 Oct 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page