- Mr. and Mrs. George Hollenbeck, of Lee Centre, have been visiting friends here.
- Mr. and Mrs. Fred Hodges, of Oneida, were recent guests at home.
- A feeling of deep sadness prevails in this vicinity over the death of Mrs. Frank Moore, whose earthly life closed Nov. 14 of consumption, after a long illness, aged nearly 47 years, leaving a husband and two sons to grieve at her departure for a better world. The blow also falls heavily on her aged father and mother, Mr. and Mrs. George Clark, as she was an only daughter and this is their first separation, as they lived side by side in our village. There are several brothers who deeply mourn the loss of an affectionate and kind-hearted sister. The funeral services were held at her late home on Sunday, and the interment took place at Peterboro. An able discourse was delivered by the Reverend Gordon Moore, of Utica, a brother-in-law of the deceased, he being the one who performed the marriage ceremony 19 years ago.
- Ira Wilcox is very low of dropsy and death is looked for at any moment.
- Miss Seba Ward is absent visiting in Oneida.
- Miss Cora Buyea has returned home from a lengthy stay in Canastota.
- Miss Jesse Ingalls has been absent the past week among relatives at Lee Centre.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 16 May 2011
You are our 1691 visitor since 27 Nov 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page