- Sylvenus Hart, whose residence is on the hill west of Merrillsville, died yesterday morning, at 8 o'clock, aged 76 years, of diseases incident with old age. He leaves an aged wife and a son,
Sylvenus, who, with his wife and little son, resided with them, and a daughter, Mrs. Robert Buyea, who resides near Cazenovia, to mourn the loss of a kind husband and father, Mr. Hart was a good
neighbor, an industrious farmer, and in politics was a Democrat and a long time subscriber of THE UNION. The funeral will be held Wenesday, at 11 o'clock, at the house and interment will be made in Peterboro Cemetery, beside the three children, which preceded him. He was a brother of Mrs. John Warner of Grove at Oneida; Mrs. Bump and Miss Davis, of Peterboro, and Mrs. Petrie and Mrs. Hollenbeck, who reside near him. He also had a brother near Cazenovia and one at Bouckville.
- Mr. amd Mrs. George Bliss have returned from a pleasant visit in Binghamton, they being the guests of Mrs. Rice's parents.
- In our last items, in speaking of the fences and our need of money, we intended to ask who would head the list, instead of who would print the list.
- Mr. and Mrs. W. H. Orcutt attended the funeral of his aunt, in Morrisville, on Tuesday last.
- Several from here attended the chicken pie social in Siloam, Thursday evening, and report a pleasnat time.
- Grove Stoddard, who was at work on the "west road", spent Wednesday evening with his cousins, at Valley Mills.
- Thomas Guy has move to Cottons, and Eugene Campbell in the James Ingalls house.
- Mr. and Mrs. Rollin Case, and family of Clockville, were guests of Mr. and Mrs. Alonzo Snyder yesterday.
If you have resources for Madison County or would like to volunteer to help with look-ups, please e-mail me at Tim Stowell / Chattanooga, TN
Last updated: 16 May 2011
You are our 2008 visitor since 22 Oct 1998 -- thanks for stopping by!
Madison Co., NY Page