<
Thursday, February 3, 1876
THE
"ONCE A WEEK"
PUBLISHED AT
Pearsalls, Queens co., Long Island

____________________________

LOCAL EDITORS
____________________

H. W. Vandervoot, Woodsburgh
J. W. DeMott, Hempstead
O. H. Pettit, Christian Hook
S. S Doxsey, Springfield, Valley
Stream and Rockaway.
Rev. R. S. Hulsart, Baldwins
Wm. B. Parsons, New York
REPORTERS all over Long Island
________________________________
Pearsalls, situated on the Southern R. R. in Queens County, is on of the most thrifty villages on the south side of Long Island, and believing as we do that it is the individual duty of every person to aid in the promotion and welfare and growth of the village in which they reside, we have resolved to contribute our share of usefulness toward the same.

While there has evidently been business enterprise enough in most directions, the result of which has been the erection and establishment of numerous store, wheelwright, blacksmith, butcher, barber and shoe-making shops, hardware establishments, drug store, post office, hotels, school houses, churches and other public buildings, amid all of which goes sounding the shrill whistle of the frequently arriving and departing railroad train, yet there seems to have been one very important thing entirely neglected, without which no village can ever become what it otherwise might, and which we have decided to undertake, namely; the establishment of a first-class newspaper and job-printing office.

We are going to charge you only $1.50 for a whole years subscription to our paper which will contain beside the town, county and local intelligence admirable tales and romances of current literature many entertaining articles which will be found especially useful to the farmer, mechanic, and housewife.

_______________________________________________

BACK TONEWSPAPER INDEX

BACK NASSAU COUNTY HISTORY

Transcribed and edited© by Linda Pearsall Harvey