Oceanside was Christian Hook until about 1880 when
it was then called Oceanville. By 1892 the Post Office had
been established; the name being Ocean Side. Lorenzo
Davison was it's Post Master.
In the May 23rd, 1890 edition of the South Side Observer:
The busy season for the wholesale oyster dealers is about over and things at Mott's dock have begun to assume a summer aspect. The oyster houses, no longer places of daily toil for numbers of hands, are closed, and the planters are giving their attention to securing seed and planting for next season. An active trade, at good prices, has been one of the pleasant features of the business during the past winter. Of late the demand for the bivalves has far exceeded the supply. Mott's dock was for many years known as "Jim Smith's Landing," being owned by the late James R. Smith. With the commodious residences of Capt. W. H. Mott, surrounded by its well kept grounds and the number of neat cottages bordering on the road leading to the dock, this landing presents an attractive appearance and is greatly improved in its looks from a few years ago.
History of Oceanside by the Oceaside Education Foundation great site, please visit
New York State Firefighters Memorial
This site is dedicated to all New York State firefighters who have lost their lives in the the line of duty.
|Jarvis, Joseph||Oceanside Fire Dept.||Nassau|
Oceanside Fire Dept. -> unoffical
1960 Sailors Association Inc.
A Fellowship of members of the class of 1960
Oceanside High School, Oceanside, New York
Oceanside High School - class of 1960
45th Class reunion
May 27-30th, 2005
This is great site, especially if you're from Oceanside.
"Our Little Town" has some great old photos
from the 50's.
Oceanside (the book) by Richard Woods (fall/2004)
Find out the details here.