1860 Residents, Land owners, and Business Owners:
Names Transcribed from the 1860 Niagara County Maps

In 1996, the Niagara County Genealogical Society began reprinting a rare wall map (used for many years in the schools) of the county and its villages and hamlets. The reprints include twelve smaller maps, of individual villages, and one large county map.

All the maps show many names of land owners and residents; some areas provide two different sets of names, one from the small map and one from the large.

Volunteer Gail Allore has begun transcribing the names from these maps. The following villages and hamlets have been completed:



Copyright © 2000 by Niagara County, NYGenWeb Project. All rights reserved.
Last revision: 18 July 2000