Jonathan Berry and family settled in what was to become Borodino, Onondaga
County, NY in 1803, coming from Cambridge, Washington County, NY. His son
Joseph farmed and ran a store in Borodino. In 1834 Joseph R. Berry travelled
to IL and WI to visit relatives already settled there (Cousin Capt. Fortunatus
Berry and brothers-in-law Edward, Charles and Hector Kneeland). Joseph
and family settled in Winslow, IL on the Wisconsin border.
- Family bible owned by Joseph R. Berry.
- Now owned by Bill Breihan, Milwaukee, WI.
- Printed and Published by Holbrook and Fessenden
- Brattleborough, Vt. 1828
- Stereotyped by James Conner, New-York
Bought in New York City October, 1828. Price 18/--
- Jonathan Berry Born March 17th 1771.
- Thankful Mills March 15th 1777.
- Isaac M. Berry Born Feb. 22nd 1798.
- Joseph R. Berry Dec. 14th 1799.
- Mary R. Berry October 3d 1801.
- Ann Berry July 11th 1803.
- Elizabeth C. Berry Aug. 1st 1806
- Nelson Berry July 31st 1808
- Simeon Berry July 17th 1810
- Thankful Berry June 22nd 1812
- Sophia M. Berry Feb. 25th 1814
- Adaline Berry Jan. 8th 1816
- Ruth F. Berry Dec. 7th 1820
- Edward E. Berry
- Son of Isaac M. Berry and adopted By Joseph R. Berry & Sarah M.
- Born May 29, 1829
- Ruth F. Berry
- Died July 27,1841-- at 7 3/4 O'clock A.M. A. E. 21 years 7 mos. &
- Isaac M. Berry
- died 25. Sept. 1846 at 8 O'clk P.M. A.E. 48 years, 7 mos. & 3days
- Thankful Mills, Wife of Jonathan Berry.
- died August 26th 1847 at 3 O'clock A.M. Age 70 yrs 6 Mos & 19 days
- Simeon Berry
- Died Sept. 17, 1848 A.E. 38 yrs and 2 months at 6 1/2 Oclk PM
- Ann, Wife of Geo. W. Winchester
- died Jany 10th 1849--at 6 3/4 Ock P.M. A.E. 45 yrs. 6 Mos.& 2 days
- Jonathan Berry
- Died August 13, 1849 at 7 3/4 Oclk A.M. aged 78 yrs. 4 mos. 26 days
- Sermon ____ by Elder Dean from 2nd Kings 20. Chapter and part ___ Verse
Elizabeth C. Wife of John J. Hillebert died Apr 12 1853
- Amy Ann Berry died June 22nd 1857. aged 42
- Lucretia Berry died Jany. 22nd 1858.
- Both wives of Nelson Berry who married his 3rd wife in 1860.
Sarah Berry, wife of Isaac Berry died in March 1830 age 30.
Mary Berry Knapp died 27 Apr 1876 in Cold Water Mich age 74 yrs 6 Mos
& 24 days Born Oct 3, 1801
- Sarah M. Wife of J.R. Berry.. Died March 28. 1854. at 7 1/2 Oclk A.M.
of Consumption Rev. I.N. Powell ____ the Sermon Text Job. 7. &16. ___
- Age 49. years
J.R. Berry Died Feb 8 1881 aged 81 years 1 mo. 22 days
Elizabeth S. Berry Died Oct 3rd 1882
Nancy Rowan Mother of John Rowan died Sept.,17, 1847. Age 58 yrs
John C. Hillebert Father in law of Betsey H. died Feby.,15, 1844. age
Joseph R. Berry was Married To Sarah Maria Kneeland December 14th. 1826
By Elder Worden Baptist Ministry.
- Sarah M. Kneeland Wife of Joseph R. Berry born July 10, 1804--
- Died March 28 1854
- Edward E. Berry Married Helen M. Lee on the 3rd July 1866ÐÐat
Shullsburg, Wisconsin and went up the Mississippi River to St Paul on a
- Helen M. Edward's wife died July 27 1879 at 7:30 PM., age 34
- been Married 13 yrs & 24 day,
- Left 3 children
- Mamie Born April 17, 1867.
- Delia Born Nov. 3, 1868.
- Ernest Born Fe. 28, 1876.
- The 2 little ones
- George and Carrie died George Edward died on Monday 3 Apr 1871. age
6 mos & 20 day,
- Little Carrie the Baby died on Sept. 19, 1874. age 3 Mo. 21 day.
- Dr Edward E. Berry died Aug 9 4.45 P.M. 1916
- Mary Lee called Mamie died Jan 19__ at 8am. age 44-9 months
- Ernest E. died May 14--1920 at 4PM aged 44 years 2 months
- Joseph R. Berry Married to Mrs. Elizabeth S. Rowan New York City
- May 28th, 1855.. By the Rev Doct Thompson
An Account of the Mills Family deaths and ages
Timothy Mills.. Father of Isaac Mills Polly Rice & T.
- Timothy Mills Died April 21,1818. Age 72
- Sophia Mills wife of T. Mills Died March 23,1823 age 78.
- Polly Rice Eldest Daughter Died December 1831 Age 56
- Christian Rice husband of Polly Died in the Summer of 1841. A.E. 72
- Isaac Mills (son of Timothy) Died Feby. 18,1863. Age 84 yrs.
- Prudence his 2nd Wife Died Oct 1852 A.E. 62
- Doct..John Mills 2nd son of Isaac. Died Jany. 22nd 1836, age 32 yrs
- Jane Mariah McCleen wife of J. Mills died July 24, 1834 about 30.
- Wm Mills died March 20, 1834 A.E. 32.
- Nelson Mills his youngest Brother died 1857. age 25 yrs.
- Timothy Mills Eldest son of Isaac Born 1803. still living in 1865.
- Ruth Mills Eldest. Child of Isaac Born in 1801. was living in 1865
- Betsey Mills Wilsey Born 1807. Still living in 1865..
The above is the Mills Family as far as the writer knows of
The Family of Asa & Hannah Kneeland ...are as Follows
as near as recorded
Asa Kneeland died Feby.12 1842 of Congestion Age 68 Years
Hannah wife of Asa Kneeland and Mother of Sarah M. Berry Died August
15, 1850 of Cholera sick only about 10 or 12 hours Aged 73 years
- Edward G. Born in Jany. 1801 who died May 1841. age 40 years
- Sarah M. Born 1804 who died March 28, 1854, in her 50th year.
- Horace & Hector twins Brothers Born in 1806
- Charles & Catherine also twins Born 1808.
- Angeline Now widow Southwich about 2 yrs younger than C & C
- Almira N. Born Sept 10, 1813 the Next youngest died when about 16 yrs
old then Follows,
- Cornelia Now Mrs.. Baker Born 1816-
- Hiram B. Kneeland who died in St. Louis in 1840
- Henrietta the youngest who is now Mrs. Mann.
Horace A.E. 69 and Cornelia A.E. 59 Both died at the same time in the
winter of 1875. Horace in N.Y. & Cornelia in __