Salem Church of the Evangelical Association of North America
Town of Salina
Source: History of Onondaga County, by Prof. W. W. Clayton,
D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1878, pg. 263
Salem Church of the Evangelical Association of North America, was organized
in 1844; the same year a church edifice was erected costing about $1,000.
Services had previously been held in the house of Mr. George Miller.
The original members of the church were 24, among whom were George Miller,
Charles Werner, Jacob Eberling, John Backer, L. Traester, P. Wilbert, Henry
Wilbert, Mr. Petelon and others. The pastors have been Revs. Jacob
Riegel, ----- Margyuart, L. Jacobi, D. Fischer, Th. Schneider, William
Munz and A. Klein. The members number 65, with 70 in the Sunday School.
Submitted 5 September 1998