St. Paul's German Lutheran Church
Town of Salina
Source: History of Onondaga County, by Prof. W. W. Clayton,
D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1878, pg. 263
St. Paul's German Lutheran Church was organized in 1852, and in the fall
of 1853, bought the Ascension Church property of the Episcopalians.
The first pastor was Rev. T. W. Recihenberg, who was succeeded by Rev.
P. Satsmidt from 1854 to 1857. Present pastor, Rev. T. Snider.
The church originally consisted of nine members, prominent among whom
were Peter Smidt, deceased; John Bahn, deceased; and Martin Weimar.
The present number is 48, with an average attendance of 80 in the Sunday
School. St. Paul's is located on the corner of Vine and Third Streets.
Submitted 5 September 1998