The Church of Christ (Disciples, or Christians), was organized in the old City Hall on February 8, 1863, with thirty-five members. The society was legally organized under the corporate name of Church of Christ, June 3, 1863, with Charles Tucker, John B. Garrett and James M. Clapp, trustees. Services were held in the City Hall until 1863, when the Court House was used until June, 1864. Meanwhile a lot was purchased on East Onondaga street and a brick church erected there at a cost of $9,000.
Submitted 17 July 1998