This church was organized November 15, 1886. The pastor, Rev. F. A. S. Storer, made the first call on the field on the 9th of September of that year, and on the date first given the church was formally recognized by the council and the pastor installed. A wooden church building was erected on the corner of Willis avenue and Erie street, and dedicated on May 1, 1888. The society is steadily prospering. The present pastor is Rev. F. L. Luce.
Submitted 12 July 1998