This society began its existence December 22, 1889, in the organization of the Brighton Mission. In 1861 the mission was adopted by the Syracuse M. E. Union. In November, 1891, the property on La Fayette avenue which had been occupied by the Fourth Baptist Church Mission was purchased. In October, 1892, Rev. W. H. Annable was appointed pastor and served three years, and was succeeded in October, 1894, by Rev. Walter S. Wright.
Submitted 17 July 1998