This society was organized in 1869 by Rev. Joseph Guerdet, with nearly 200 members. In the same year the church building of the Central Baptist society was purchased, on East Genesee street. The first pastor was Rev. Joseph Quevillon, who was succeeded in 1870 by Rev. J. J. Robillard. He was followed by Rev. Mr. Brouillet, and he by Rev. B. C. Thibault. The society is prosperous and increases with the growth of the French population of the city.
Submitted 18 July 1998