This society was an outgrowth of a Sunday school established March 6, 1870. A fund was raised in 1870, with which was purchased the church site, the old chapel was removed thereto and an addition made. There the first communion service was held on Easter, 1873, by Rev. Mr. Schoule. Two days after the tenth anniversary the church was burned, and the present structure was erected and opened in October, 1882. Rev. David B. Matthews is rector.
Submitted 17 July 1998