This society was the second one organized in the village of Syracuse, the date being May 22, 1826. The first wardens were John Durnford and Samuel Wright; the first vestrymen, Amos P. Granger, Archie Kasson, James Mann, Matthew Davis, Mather Williams, Barent Filkins, Othniel Williston, and Jabez Hawley. In 1825 the Syracuse Company donated to the society the triangular lot on which stands the Granger block, and in 1828 a wood edifice was finished facing the east the rear standing close to Warren street. Prior to the erection of the church meetings were held in the school house and in the First Baptist church. On the 12th of July, 1841, the corner stone of a stone edifice was laid on a new lot on Warren street, on the site of the present Government building. The new church was finished in 1842 and soon afterward a wing was added, in which was kept a parochial school by the Rector, Rev. Henry Gregory, D. D. In 1844 the old wooden church was sold to the Roman Catholics, who removed it to the corner of Madison and Montgomery streets where it now stands unoccupied. In 1858 the St. Paul's church was enlarged by extending the rear. In 1883 the church property was sold to the U. S. government for $70,000 and measures were at once adopted towards erecting the magnificent stone edifice on the corner of East Fayette and Montgomery streets. Its cost including the site was $150,000. The corner stone was laid June 25, 1884.
Submitted 17 July 1998