In July, 1855, the Trinity Mission School was founded by the society of St. Paul's church, from which this church grew. A congregation was gathered and a chapel erected on Seymour street, which was consecrated November 25, 1855; the parish was organized March 3, 1856. Rev. William Long began the mission and was succeeded in 1856 by Rev. David E. Barr. In 1869 the present church was built at a cost of about $9,000.
Submitted 17 July 1998