Village of Albion - 1828


Orleans County Seat

The Village of Albion was located in the Town of Barre until the Town of Albion was formed in 1875.
Before 1828 Albion was known as Newport but took the name of Albion April 21, 1828.

Court House Square, Albion, New York, 14411
County Clerk - 585-589-5334


Village Clerk

Kathleen Ludwick


35-37 Bank Street
Albion, New York 14411
Phone: 585-589-9176
Fax: 585-589-1218
Hours: Mon - Fri 9 - 5 pm

Vital Statistics records start in 1890


Village Historian

Neil Johnson

18 West Avenue
Albion, New York 14411
Phone: (585) 589-7714
email: nhjalb@aol.com


Swan Library


4 N. Main Street
Albion, New York 14411
Phone: 585-589-4246
FAX: 585-589-2473
Dir: Susan Rudnisky
Hours: Mon - Thur 11 - 8 pm, Fri 11 - 5 pm, Sat 10 - 2 pm & Sun 11 - 3 pm
Closed weekends during July & August

Available on microfilm:
All Federal census records from 1810 - 1920
Orleans American Newspaper 1837 - 1843
Orleans Republican Newspaper 1845 - 1970
Albion Advertiser Newspaper 1929 - current
Church records for 9 churches

Also available:
1865 State Census - transcribed & indexed
Landmarks of Orleans County
Pioneer History of Orleans County
Pioneer Record of the Orleans County Pioneer Association 1858 - 1905


DAR

Daughters of the American Revolution
249 N. Main Street
Albion, New York 14411
Phone: 585-589-9118



Return to Orleans County page