Town of Kendall - 1837

The Town of Kendall was formed April 7, 1837. It is located in the northeast corner of Orleans County on Lake Ontario. It is 6 miles across from east to west and 5-1/2 miles across from north to south. The Town of Kendall has three hamlets; Kendall, West Kendall & Morton. They have their own school district. Some of the early settlers were Samuel Bates, David Jones, Adin Manley, Amos Randall, John Farnsworth, Zebulon Rice, Benjamin Morse and Nathan Brown. Many of the early settlers came from Vermont.


Cemeteries:

All three are still active.


Census Records

1830 / 1850 / 1855 / 1865 / 1875 / 1880 / 1900 / 1892 / 1900 / 1915 / 1930


Town Clerk

AMY RICHARDSON

1873 Kendall Rd.
Kendall, New York 14476
Phone: 585-659-8721
Fax: 585-659-8203
Hours: M - T - Th - F 8:30 - 12 & 12:30 - 3 pm, Mon 7 pm - 9 pm

Vital Statistics records start in 1883


Town Historian

M. Joette Knapp

1510 Kendall Rd.
Kendall, NY 14476
Phone: 585-659-2762


Kendall Central School

1932 Kendall Road
Kendall, New York 14476
Phone: 585-659-2741



Return to Orleans County page