Town of Murray - 1812

The Town of Murray was formed April 8, 1808. It is located in the central eastern part of Orleans County and is 6 miles across from east to west and 6 miles across from north to south at the widest part. The Village of Holley is located in the Town of Murray. There are four hamlets; Fancher, Brockville, Murray and Hulberton. Epaphras Mattison was one of the earliest settlers.


Cemeteries:

Two are still active: Sandy Creek & Transit


Census Records

1830 / 1850 / 1855 / 1865 / 1875 / 1880 / 1890 / 1892 / 1900 / 1915 / 1930

Cindy Oliver


Town Clerk

Cindy Oliver

3840 Route 31
Holley, New York 14470
Phone: 585-638-6570
Fax: 585-638-0676
Hours: Mon - Tue - Thu - Fri 9:00 - 4:00 pm, Sat 9 am - 12 noon

Vital Statistics records start in 1884


Town Historian

Marsha DeFilipps

19 N. Main Street
Holley, New York 14470
Phone : 585-638-8188


Murray-Holley Historical Society Museum


Gheddes Street Extension
Holley, New York 14470
Phone # 585-638-8188



Return to Orleans County page