BUNDYVILLE, OSWEGO CNTY, NY
This cemetery list was generously contributed by an Anonymous Angel "In Memory of E. E," and transcribed by our frequent volunteer, Dianne Thomas, who luckily, likes long and detailed projects. Dianne also volunteers her time transcribing for several other websites, and enjoys being involved in genealogy. Many thanks and appreciation to you both.
For further information on any of the names, please contact the local Historical Societies / Town Historians.
1) Oswego Town Vital Records Marriages: #195 Nov 19, 1894; Benjamin BAILEY, born and resides in Volney; Farmer; aged 22yr. Son of Daniel BAILEY & Emma JENKS (they have JENKINS); 1st marriage: Marietta BARTLET, born and resides in Volney, aged 17 yrs. Daughter of H. BARTLETT and Endotta BUTTON. Married by Rev J.F. RATHBONE. Recorded Dec 15, 1894
2) Oswego Town Vital Records Marriages #383 Nov 1, 1903 Herbert KERFIEN, born and resides in town of Volney; no age given. Son of Christopher KERFIEN and Sarah SHELDON; 1st marriage: Bertha May DODGE, born and resides at Bundy's Crossing, aged 18yrs. Daughter of Thomas DODGE & Stella BURCHAM. Married by W. G. ATWELL, Clergyman. Recorded Dec 3, 1903
3) Oswego Town Vital Records Marriages: #230 Feb 26, 1896; Samuel GRAHAM born and resides in town of Volney; Farmer; aged 39 yrs. Son of Artimas GRAHAM and Mary PARCHAU; 1st marriage (not true): Bessie VAN BUREN, resides Scriba, born in Volney, aged 35yrs. Daughter of Abram VAN BUREN and Mary BALEY. Married by Thomas KISINGER. Recorded March 13, 1896
He has m: March 4, 1896 per PATRIOT??? (If meant in that paper??
4) Goldie MC DONALD had obituary of Jane KNAPP, not dated. Said D: at D-I-law Mrs Garey KNAPP on Kingdom Road would have been 94 years in April; Daughter of Peter VAN BUREN and Betsey OATHOUT (s/b ALTHOUSE). Peter VAN BUREN was 1st cousin of President Martin VAN BUREN. Came from Kinderhook, NY; had 2 children. Gary KNAPP who died 4 years ago at Seneca Hill, and daughter Mrs. Luckey STEVENS who passes away 20 years ago. Her husband died about 18 yrs ago.
5) Oswego Palladium Times, Jan 7th, 1888 paper: MC COLLOCK Died in Fulton, Jan 6, 1888, aged 33 yrs; Adella, wife of Alden MC CULLOCK. Funeral, Monday at the house at 1 a.m.
6) Oswego Town Vital Records - Marriages #316 - Sept 14, 1900 Leonard A. MC CULLOCK resides at Frederick, S.D.; aged 42, white, Minister; born in Volney. Son of Ed. B. MC CULLOCK & Angeline BUNDY; 2nd marriage: Mary A. HERMAN, born Oswego, resides Minetto; aged 30 yr. Daughter of George HERMAN & Anna POSPESEL. Recorded Sept 6, 1900 by Rev. T.B. SHEPHERD.
NO *** - is the husband of Dorcas Adella WELLS (They have J.C. MC CULLOCH???)
*** I note with interest above if given by first name? 1860 Census, Town of Volney only show Children: Martha 8, Franklin 7m (believe he is the Frank MC CULLOCH, who died July 26, 1861, aged 7yr 8mo; Have a picture of him & death info on back (only one in the photo album)
ALDEN MC CULLOGH
1880 Census ANGELINE is a Widow (*see E.B. MC CULLOGH death, Sept 14, 1879, b: Sept 7, 1825)
has son Alden wm aged 22 yrs and Adella WELLS W.F. aged 22yrs; boarder; single; dressmaker GOT TO BE THEM.
Obituary - Oswego Palladium, Jan 7, 1888 Paper - MC CULLOUGH died Fulton, Jan 6, 1888, aged 33yrs, Della, wife of Alden MC CULLOCK; funeral Monday at the house at 1 a.m. No ch. Named.
7) This was in cemetery record in Oswego - on a separate sheet of paper. R 5, This is my grandmother: Alice May ADAMS, d/o Henry ADAMS & Harriet BABCOCK. M 1st Walter Hamilton ADAMS. Their children a) Ula Sidney ADAMS (m 2x, died in Akron, OH; b) Eunice May ADAMS c) Naomi LOUGHREY= mother, Dryden, NY; 6 children, 3 boys, 3 girls; d) Carol Lee ADAMS, died 9/8/1891; e) Walter Percy ADAMS m: Dorothy Mildred BEST; Alice May married 2nd, Charles Lewis PORTER; she died July 15, 1939; no children; he buried at Mt. Pleasant . Her children listed were Ula S. ADAMS, Mrs. Fred LOUGHREY and Walter ADAMS. Sisters: Maude ADAMS & Nina STEVENS.
8) Oswego Palladium Times - Feb 16, 1961 Mrs. Charles P. THOMPSON Mrs. Mina Viola THOMPSON, 84, a resident of Benson Ave, Minetto, died last evening in Mexico. Born in the town of Scriba, Nov. 17, 1875, she was the daughter of the late James H. and Celia NORTHROP SMITH and the wife of the late Charles Percy THOMPSON. She was a member of the Minetto community Methodist church. She is survived by a brother, William, of Orchard Park, Buffalo. Services will be held Saturday at 2 p.m. in the Dain Funeral home. Burial will be in Bundyville. Friends may call at the funeral home tonight from 7 until 9 and Friday from 2 to 5 and 7 to 9 pm.