Putnam County, New York
The following list of books relating to Putnam County were found in a variety of places including searching the Internet, book sellers' inventories, and library catalogs. Check a library near where you live to see if they have a copy, and if they don't, ask them to borrow a copy through the Inter-Library Loan system.
- Author (where known)
- Book Title, and publishing information
- 1810 Census with Index, Dutchess County, NY, prepared by the Dutchess County Genealogical Society, with index.
- Historical and Genealogical Record, Duchess and Putnam Counties, New York (Poughkeepsie: Oxford Publishing Co., 1912)
- Ryder Family of Putnam County, New York, [1897}. See a copy on WorldVitalRecords.com, if you are a member.
- Blake, William J., Esq.
- The History of Putnam County, N. Y.; with an enumeration of its Towns, Villages, ... and short biographical sketches of early setlers, etc., [New York, N.Y.: Bakers & Scribner, 1849]. See a copy on Google Books.
- Boyer, Dona
- An Introduction to the availability of the historical and genealogical primary sources in eastern Putnam County , [Carmel, N.Y.: Kent Library, 1986]
- Buck, Clifford M.
- Dutchess County, NY Tax Lists, 1718-1787 with Rombout Precinct, includes alphabetical names of those assessed by political division, present Putnam County towns and precincts. [Rhinebeck, N.Y.: Kinship, 1990]
- Buys, Barbara Smith
- Old gravestones of Putnam County, New York, together with information from ten adjacent Dutchess County burying grounds: eleven thousand eight hundred inscriptions of persons born up to and including 1850 [Baltimore, Md.: Gateway Press, 1975.]
- Cheli, Guy
- Images of America: Putnam County (NY) [Mount Pleasant, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2004]
- Cole Greene, Marilyn, compiler.
- Town Minutes, Town of Carmel, Putnam Co., New York, 1795-1839 [Rhinebeck, N.Y.: Kinship, 1990.]
- Curtis, Joseph O.
- The Descendants of Elisha Cole, who came from Cape Cod to what is now Putnam County, New York about 1745, [New York: Wright, 1909]
- Frost, Josephine C. [Mrs. Samuel Knapp Frost]
- Putnam County cemetery inscriptions self-published 1910.
- Howe, Abba Laura, Historian, et alia.
- Brewster Through the Years 1848-1948 (privately published, circa 1949?)
- Kelly, Arthur C.M.
- Dutchess County, NY Probate Records, 1773-1865: registers of wills and letters testamentary and of administration in the Surrogate's Office, Poughkeepsie, N.Y., [Rinebeck, N.Y.: Kinship, 1997]
- Pelletreau, William S. (1840-1918)
- History of Putnam County, NY (Philadelphia: W.W. Preston & Co., 1886). You can also see a digital copy on the Internet at:
- Smith, Philip H. (1842-?)
- General History of Duchess County from 1609 to 1876. [Pawling, NY: Author, 1877],507 pages. This book has been scanned by Cornell University Library and is available on-line at their Making of America site: http://cdl.library.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/moa/moa-cgi?notisid=ANX0501
- Sullivan, Dr. James, editor
- "Putnam County" The History of New York State, [Lewis Historical Publishing Company, Inc., 1927], Volume III, Chapter XI. [Note: A transcribed version of all six volumns is available on the Internet..]
- Truran, Suzanne, editor.
- The Town of Southeast 1788-1988 [Southeast, NY: Town of Southeast Bicentennial Commission, 1990]
- Wheeler, Glendon E.
- Burials and gravestones: families associated with Putnam County, New York: (a supplement to other burial documentation). [Rhinebeck, NY: Kinship, 1998]
- Wheeler, Glendon E.
- Carmel Newspapers, Putnam Co, NY Marriages and Deaths, 1849-1873, [Rhinebeck, NY: Kinship, 1998]
- Wheeler, Glendon E., compiler.
- Index of Gravestones for the People of Putnam County, New York. [Simi Valley, Calif.: Wheeler Historical Society, 1997 (Rhinebeck, N. Y.: Kinship)]
- Wheeler, Glendon E., translated & edited by
- Town records: Frederickstown to Kent, 1788-1841, Dutchess/Putnam counties, New York [Rhinebeck, N.Y.: Kinship, 2002]
Other Web Sites for Books Relating to Putnam County, NY
NY Putnam County GenWeb
Copyright © 1996-2013 by Cathy Horn. All rights reserved.