Putnam County, New York
Putnam County Mailing List
[Subscribing] [Unsubscribing] [Archives]
A Mailing List is a group or membership organization on the Internet where people having an interest in common can exchange information and ideas. Anyone may subscribe to the List which means that your e-mail address would be added to the group list. Then, whenever any one member of the List sends an e-mail to the group address, that e-mail is forwarded to every other member of the List. Please note that there is NO fee for subscribing to the Mailing List. Be sure to follow the instructions below to either subscribe or to unsubscribe.
If you are unfamiliar with the etiquette used when posting to mailing lists, you should check out some of the web sites which give details in dealing with others on mailing lists.
You may also remove yourself from the list at any time by unsubscribing from the list by following the procedures listed below.
- How to Subscribe
- Just send an e-mail with the command "subscribe" (without the quotation marks) in the body of the message to:
- Before sending the message, be sure that NOTHING else is in the message area. Turn off your signature blocks and any automatic tag lines!
- The system will send you an automatic acknowledgement that you are now included in the NYPUTNAM mailing list. Be sure to save that initial e-mail so that have the instructions on the use of this mailing list.
- Posting a Message to the List
- Once you're a member of the List, if you'd like to post a message so everyone on the mailing list receives it, just send it to NYPUTNAM-L@rootsweb.com. It will then be sent on to everyone in both Mail List and Digest modes. You don't need to send it explicitly to both modes.
- WARNING! RootsWeb Mailing Lists accept only plain text mail. That means that HTML mail, attachments, "enriched text", and a few other formats can't be sent to RootsWeb mailing lists. You can only post your message if you send it in plain text; turn off the "Post in HTML" or "Enriched Text" features of your mail reader, or don't use any attachments.
- How to UNsubscribe
- Send a message to: NYPUTNAM-Lemail@example.com
that contains (in the body of the message) the command: " unsubscribe" (don't use the quotations marks!) and no additional text. Be sure to turn off any signature blocks or tag lines before sending your e-mail.
- How to change to Digest Mode (several postings are combined and sent to you together as a single large message) from the List Mode:
- There are two steps. First, send the command "unsubscribe" (don't use the quotations marks!) to NYPUTNAM-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org to discontinue mail mode. Be sure to turn off any signature blocks or tag lines before sending your e-mail.
- Second, send the command "subscribe" (don't use the quotations marks!) to NYPUTNAM-Demail@example.com to start receiving digests. Again, be sure to turn off any signature blocks or tag lines before sending your e-mail.
- Please note that the List mode request has an "L" in the middle of the address, while the Digest mode has a "D" in the middle.
ARCHIVED MAILING LIST MESSAGES
If at any time you wish to see those previously posted mailing list messages, they are all available to review at the archives. To access them, go to:
Search the Putnam Mailing List Archives:
Browse the Putnam Mailing List Archives:
This page was last updated: Tuesday, 23-Apr-2013 13:16:47 MDT
NY Putnam County GenWeb Home page.
NY Putnam County GenWeb
Copyright © 1996-2013 by Cathy Horn. All rights reserved.