|Troy Daily Times|
July 16, 1860
In Berlin, July 10th, by the Rev. Joseph D. ROGERS, Mr. Peter DE GROAT to Miss Elizabeth CONNER, both of Troy.
- In this city on Sunday, July 15th, of consumption, John MACKEY, aged 25 years. Funeral will take place tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at 10 o'clock, from the residence of his uncle, No. 92, Seventh street.
- Albany and Schenectady papers please copy. In Lansingburgh, on Sunday morning, July 15th, of diphtheria croup, John W., youngest son of D.H. and S.N. FLACK, aged 6 years, 4 months and 17 days.
A man named Michael MALONY, nearly dead with consumption, living in the alley in the rear of Mr. WILBUR's store on Fourth street, quarreled with his wife last evening at 6 o'clock, and cut her across the forehead with a pitcher, inflicting a dreadful wound. Dr. TOOLE was called in and dressed the wound. MALONY was sent to jail.
A FIGHT AND A BRIDGE BROKEN DOWN.
A fight occurred at lock three, Saturday night about 12 o'clock, between the lock-tender (Patrick HORAN) and a Philadelphia boatman, in which the latter received more than the usual amount of disfiguring. What, with the nose broken in, both eyes blacked and closed, together with his face being scratched and marred up, he presented a pitiful sight. Judging from the marks of his handiwork Pat must be some on the muscle. Doctor WITBECK was aroused from out the sheets where his huge proportions lay in calm repose, got into his carriage and went to the locks where he propped up the broken bridge and otherwise mended the damaged physiognomy.
About 8 o'clock on Saturday evening the dwelling-rooms over the market of Mr. WILKINSON on North Second street, above the Methodist Church, caught fire from a lamp that was overturned. The flames were extinguished with little difficulty.
- Christopher SHERLOCK has been arrested by officer ENGLISH charged with stealing $2.50 from Ann COSGROVE, and also with assaulting her.
POLICE COURT--Before Justice PARMENTER:
- Joseph CARROLL, drunk and asleep in the street; discharged on promise to refrain from drinking.
- Mary KENNEDY, drunk and disorderly; has three small children, discharged.
- Theopholus BULYEAUX, drunk; fined $3 or jail five days--sent.
- Richard VAUGHN; drunk and disorderly; never up before--discharged.
- Joseph GRIFFITH, assault and battery on Mary BROOKLIN; complainant failed to appear--discharged.
- Jas. GROGAN, assault on John CARROLL; settled by payment of costs, $2.
Mike FARRELL, brother of John, who attempted to cut his throat in jail, was arrested yesterday by officer SQUIRES, for vagrancy, and placed in jail. He had previously been indicted and held to bail for participation in the BARBOR robbery, and his bondman hearing of his arrest came down and gave him up. He will now have to remain in jail till next September, when he will be tried on the old charge of highway robbery.
The MENEELY's, of West Troy, Bell Founders, have just completed a Church Bell, designed for Benecia, Cal. The MENEELYS are making a large number of bells for distant parts, both in our own country and others. They have shipped several to the East Indies, and are now engaged in manufacturing others designed for the same locality.
THE LIST OF LETTERS
Is published in the Troy Daily Times, in pursuance of the Law requiring the same to be published in the Newspaper having the largest circulation. List of Letters, Remaining in the Troy Post Office, July 15, 1860. Persons calling for the same will please say they are "advertised".
- ADAMS, C. ** ASHLEY, J.
- BERNARD, A. ** BOURNT, S. ** BAILY, M. ** BOLAND, E. ** BRICE, S.
- CHRISTIE, S.K. ** CARTY, N. ** CLARK, L. ** CARVER, M. ** CULLIAN, C. ** CORNWELL, M. ** CHAOMAN, S.J. ** CALLAHAN, C.
- DONALDSON, M. ** DANIELS, M. ** DAY, E. ** DUN, J.A. ** DUBOIS, C.
- FITZGERALD, E. ** FITZGERALD, A.
- GORMAN, E.A. ** GOODEN, C. ** GATES, L.A. ** GARDNER, L.A.
- HENESEY, M. ** HALL, M. ** HOYT, J.E. ** HENDERSON, D.
- KINNER, E. ** KEITLAND, A.
- LEAHY, M. ** LANAGAN, Widowe **
- MOORE, M.E. ** MCCHESNEY, E. ** MORON, M. ** MARTIN, C. ** MITCHELL, J.E. ** MACKIE, M.
- NUTTING, M. ** NEWTON, K.S.
- PALEMAN, H. ** PHILLIPS, C. ** PERKINS, H. ** PRATT, S.W. ** PARDEE, L. ** PHILLIPS, L. **
- SIMMONS, C.C. ** SENIOR, M. ** SMITH, E. ** SEIFERT, F.M. 2 **
- THOMPSON, A. ** TOLE, M.A. 2 ** TAYLOR, J.E.
- VOUGHT, C.P.
- WILLARD, M. ** WHIPPLE, H.J. ** WELLS, C. ** WELCH, P. Mrs.
- ADAMS, J.V. ** ADAMS, E.D. ** ADAMS, STILL & BROWN ** AIKEN & SMALLEY ** AKEN, J. ** ANDERSON, W.S. ** ANSELL, A. ** ARNOLD, W.J. ** ATWATER, H. **
- BAILEY, L. ** BAILEY, J.G. ** BALL, T. ** BANBIN, T. ** BANFIELD, J. ** BARNARD, J. ** BARLOW, E. ** BARBER, C. ** BLISS, M. ** BOHUTEIN ** BRIGGS, A. ** BROWN, N 2 ** BROWER, J.L. ** BROSSAN, J. ** BROWN, J. ** BROWN, G. ** BUCK J.Q. A. ** BURNET, H.H. ** BURDICK, G.L. ** BURMER, F. ** BARRY, D.
- CARD, P. ** CARPENTER, C. or N. ** CAMBRIDGE, J.M. ** CERAT, R. ** CARTRIGHT ** CARTER, E. ** CAVANAGH, E. ** CHARBONNEAU, M. 3 ** CHADWICK, W.U. ** CHESNEY, J.S. ** CLICKNER, J. ** CONATY, T. ** COOK, N. ** COONEY, M. ** CROFUT, G.W. ** CURRY, J. ** CUSHMAN, A.
- DAVENPECK, J. ** DEYTON, J.R. ** DEVANY, T. ** DEPARTO, S. ** DIVINE, T.H. ** DONIVAN, J. ** DOLAN, J. ** DUFFEE, J. ** DUFORT, C. ** DNCAN, B. ** DUMARY, R.P.
- FARNETT, P. ** FITZSIMMONS, J. ** FRENCH, W.F. ** FULLER, S.D. ** FOLSOM, P. ** FRY & Co. ** FRANCOIS, D. ** FOWLER, A.G. ** FULLER & SAFELEY
- GARFIELD, J. ** GERSHELL, C. ** GIBBONS, C. ** GRAFFELL, L. ** GROVER & BAKER ** GRIMLEY, A.
- HALL, H.B. 2 ** HALL, G.W. ** HAKES, J.W. ** HAZELTINE, L.H. ** HARP, H. ** HENSEL, P. ** HERMANS, F. ** HICKY, J. ** HILLARD & Son D. ** HITCHINGS, D. ** HINZTMAN, C. ** HOPKINS, S.Y. ** HOOKER, H. ** HYLAND, P. ** HYDE, H.Y.
- JENREE, C. ** JOHNSON, J.P. ** JONES, J.
- KIRGAN, P. ** KENT, H.G. ** KEEFER, J. ** KELLY, J. ** KELLY, J. ** KING, J.M. ** KEENY, C.W. ** KRUGLER, A.
- LAMBERT, X. ** LEAHY, T.M. ** LEURNED, G.Y.
- MACKLIN, W. ** MADDON, F. ** MAYER, R.E. ** MANN, H. N. ** MCBRIDE, J. ** MCLANE, M. ** MEEKER, M.T. ** MUNSON, L. ** MONROE, R. ** MOORE, H. ** MORRIS, F. ** MURRAY, P. ** MURTAGH, W.
- NORTHEN, J. ** NORMAND, F.
- PAYNE, W.O. ** PEASE, H.T. ** PENY, P. ** PUELLICHER, P. ** POWERS, P.
- RATHCA, J. ** TAPP, N.W. ** ROBINSON, W. ** ROGERS, H. ** ROBINSON, H.C. ** ROCKWELL, A.W. ** RYAN, T.
- SCHACHTD, J. ** SAUNDERS, C.H. ** SHEAHAN, P. ** SLIDLE, H.G. ** SIMMONS, G.E. ** SMITH, H. ** SPELLMAN, J. ** SADDO, C.S. ** STEVENS, L.H. ** STAHLE, J. ** STARR, E.G. ** STEPHENS, A.S. & Co. 2 ** STARKS, H.A. ** STRAHAN, T.
- TOMPKINS, R. ** TAVALLY, H. ** THAYER, T.D. ** TILLMAN, J. 2 ** TITCOMB, J. & Co. 2 ** TYALER, A. Jr. ** TRESON, W. ** TROWBRIDGE, J.H. ** TRUEDWAY, J.Q. A.
- UNDERWOOD, P.
- VESTERMAN, S. ** VARRATT, J. ** VINROW, J.H. ** VIELE, G.W. ** VAN DYKE, J.
- WALSH, P. ** WATSON, J. ** WELCH, J. ** WHEELER, W.S. ** WHEELER, Mr. ** WHEELER, J.A. ** WILLIAMS, C.Y. ** WINNE, A. ** WINNE, A. ** WISWELL, E. ** WISWALL, T. ** WOOD, L.