NYRICHMO mailing list
Welcome to the NYRICHMO mailing list for Staten Island researchers!
FIRST, before posting queries or questions, please check out our web site.
You will find much of the information there. Pay special attention to the search page.
This will save everyone a lot of time. Thanks!
As list administrator, it's my duty to make this list a welcoming and useful place. To that end, I have created a set of guidelines. It has been posted in the welcome message, so that everyone will see it.
- Please view and abide by RootsWeb's Acceptable Use Policy. Take special note of the following:
- Copyright policy - no copyrighted info is to be posted to the list.
- Commercial use - "Content submitted for the purpose of commercial use, advertising or fee for service is prohibited" without advance permission. No advertising a for-fee service. When in doubt, contact list admin or RootsWeb.
- Please view and abide by RootsWeb's Community Guidelines. Take special note of the following:
- For starters, simply treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Post only information appropriate for a given topic. For example... If you're posting on the US, regional or international board, you must be making reference to the appropriate location.
- Don't post commercial messages, fee-for-service postings, advertising or related links, etc.
- List postings must remain on topic. Topic is, of course, Staten Island genealogy. As guidelines:
- Virus warnings are NOT to be disseminated, nor hoax rebuttals, nor the like.
- Complaints should first be discussed with list admin.
- There will be generous latitude in discussing Staten Island history, but not nostalgia. There are other places for that.
- Netiquette standards should be followed, including no flaming, insults, etc. This applies both on and off the list, with list members. List members may not harass other list members, either on or off the list. If you have a problem with a list item, email admin, not each other. I have a very loose definition of harassment.
Violators of these guidelines will either go on the administrator's "reject list" which screens all postings before they go to the list, or be banned from the list.
"Flagrant" or "Intentional" violations of these guidelines will result in immediate and permanent removal from the list. All other violations will result in a written warning from the List Administrator. A repeat of the warned violation will be considered to be "Intentional" and immediate action will be taken.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation! If you have any questions, feel free to contact admin ( NYRICHMO-ADMIN at rootsweb.com ) or
RootsWeb. Let's make this a productive place to research.
You are our 1426 visitor - thanks for stopping by!
|© 1999-2014 Updated Thursday, 01-May-2008 13:57:26 MDT