Including Old Diaries, Church
Records, Family Papers, Government Records, etc.
Found with the NY
State Archives Manuscript Search Engine (link).
More detailed descriptions of these holdings can be found at the NY State Archives site.
This listing is probably incomplete, but gives an idea of the records available.
Holdings of the Schuyler co. Historical Society are listed elsewhere.
NY STATE LIBRARY, ALBANY, NY
- East Hill School Records, Alpine, NY by Abigail M. THOMPSON, 1860-62.
- Map of SULLIVAN's Indian Campaign at Seneca & Cayuga Lakes, 1866 (tracing of 1779 map).
- Survey Map of Ezra L'HOMMEDIEU's land. He was a NY senator who owned land at the south end of Seneca Lake.
CORNELL UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
- First Presbyterian Church of Hector, NY - church records, 1809-1924.
- Baptist Church of Tyrone, NY - record book, 1848-1872.
- Baptist Church records of Altay, Tyrone, NY, 1817-1935.
- First Baptist Church of Covert (Ovid & Hector), 1803-1849.
- First Baptist Church of Peach Orchard (Hector), 1838-1839.
- First Baptist Church of Watkins Glen - records, 1848-1892.
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church of Montour Falls (Havana) - church records, 1847-1938.
- Methodist Episcopal Church of Catharine - records, 1819-1882.
- Methodist Episcopal Church of Mecklenburg - records, 1803-1849.
- Montour Falls Peoples' College Records, 1848-59. (aka Cook Academy)
- Chemung & Schuyler co. election and tax books, 1841-1877.
- Jefferson Village survey notebooks (c.1840), Watkins Glen, NY.
- Town of Catharine Government Records, 18803-1849.
- Hector Fruit Growers' Assoc. records, 1927-32.
- David TUTTLE family and store papers, 1852-1881.
- Adaline CLEVELAND HOSNER papers and diaries, Mecklenburg, NY, 1833-1882.
- CORBITT family papers, 1769-1883, & also Schuyler co. related families of BUSH, PETER, GILBERT, MAPES, NEWMAN
& CHASE. Figuring most prominently are Otis R. CORBITT, Aaron CORBITT & Walter CORBITT.
- FROST family papers, 1870-1965.
- W.K. MILLIGAN papers, 1912-1925. (Was on Board of Supervisors for Schuyler co., NY.)
- G.B. GUINNIP papers for grocery store, Catharine, NY, 1815-1896.
- HATHAWAY family papers, Watkins Glen, 1827-1910.
- MEAD family papers and diaries, 1822-1905.
MONTOUR FALLS LIBRARY, 406 MAIN ST., MONTOUR FALLS, NY 14865-1613
- First Presbyterian Church of Montour Falls - records, 1828-1888.
- Schuyler county School Records, 1820-1940.
- Cook Academy records, c.1890-1950.
- Dr. C.D. CLAWSON & Mrs. Loretta CLAWSON papers & diaries, 1880-1914.
- Town of Catharine D.A.R. records.
- Genealogies on the following families: MELSBACK (MILLSPAUGH), CURRY, SUTPHEN, MARTIN, DELAMATER, MATTHEWS, HOWELL, PRINCE, LAWRENCE, LEE, MALLORY, CARMAN, BEARDSLEE (BEARDSLEY), CHAPAN, HULL - FANTON, MILLER - FOX.
- In the past, Montour Library served as a repository for papers belonging to the Schuyler co. Historical Society.
- St. Mary's of the Lake - church records, 1848-1868 - found at this
church in Watkins Glen, NY.
- Baptist Church of Meads Creek (Monterey) - church records, 1837-57 - found at Monterey Baptist Church, Monterey, NY.
- Methodist Episcopal Church of Montour Falls - records, 1850-1869 - found at United Methodist Church, Montour Falls, NY.
SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
- HOWARD family diaries, 1868-1875. (Howard Family of Reading, NY.)