Rev. F.T. Hughston
The Rev. F. T. Hughston, the pastor of the Methodist-Episcopal church at Sheldrake, was born at Otego, N. Y., April 28th, 1834, and remained on his father's farm until his twentieth year. He then attended school for two years at Delaware Institute, Franklin, N.Y. He also spent two years in the Cazenovia seminary. In 1858, he entered the ministry and joined the Oneida annual conference. He has served the following charges: Hartwick, East Worcester, Decatur, Exeter, Oneonta, East Hamilton, Pratts Hollow, Banckville, Jamesville, Sterling, Savannah, Canoga, Fleming, Mecklenburg, Newfield, Sodus, Seneca Castle, Phelps. In 1893 he moved to his own home in the village of Trumansburg, where he now resides. Since 1893, he has served the church one year at Townsendville, and one year also at Odessa and Catharines, and is now at Sheldrake.
Back to Church and Bible Records Index
Back to Seneca Co.
© 1999 Diane Lerch Kurtz