|A variety of authors starting with the letter "A" Sources
|Each "table" has full bibliography of source(s) by an individual group or individual author.
- TITLE: Letters, 1861-1862
- PREFERRED CITATION: James Adsit Letters, 1861-1862
- AUTHORS: Adsit, James
United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 97th (1861-1862) Company F.
Antietam, Battle of, 1862
New York (State) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
Maryland -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: 19 items.
- NOTES: Civil War soldier; enlisted, 26 September 1861, at Lassellville, Fulton County, New York, to serve three years in the 97th New Regiment of Infantry; mustered in as private, Company F, 16 October 1861; wounded in action 17 September 1862 at Antietam, Maryland; died of his wounds, 18 October 1862.
- ABSTRACT: Letters addressed to his wife, in which he complains of his poor health and afflictions from various diseases while encamped in Virginia. One of the letters describes his wound received in the battle at Antietam, Maryland. Also included are two letters to his wife informing her of his death.
- HOLDINGS: Go to the home page and do a search to locate this title, the libraries that has this title and its call number.
Have you arrived at this page from the back door, such as a Search Engine?
If so, please:
- click on the link below to access the main page
- to learn how to use this site
- to find the appropriate page(s) for the source(s) that are held in what libraries.
Return to NYS Off-Line Sources for further information.