Cemetery list at the bottom
Steuben County, New York
Compiled by: Millard F. Roberts
|John Single Paper Company, Ltd., Syracuse, N.Y., 1891|
This was typed and contributed by Gloria Banks Kirkwood
DANSVILLE page 281
"One of the original towns of Steuben county, was formed March, 1796, and named in honor of Daniel P. Faulkner, an influential citizen, familiarly known as "Captain Dan." Parts of Cohocton and Howard were taken off in 1812, a part of Wayland in 1848, and a part of Fremont in 1854. A portion of the town, including the village of Dansville, was annexed to Sparta, Livingston county in 1822, and a part of Cohocton was re-annexed April 26, 1834. Dansville is the northern town upon the west border of the county. It is bounded north by a portion of Livingston county and Wayland, east by Wayland and Fremont, south by Hornellsville, and west by Allegany and Livingston counties.
The surface of the town is rolling upland, divided into ridges by the narrow valleys of the streams which flow both north and south into the two systems of waters which find their outlet in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Chesapeake Bay. The soil is sandy and gravelly loam in the east and north, and gravel underlaid by hardpan in the southwest. The population of this town in 1890 was 1,572.
Greenlawn Cemetery - (da1)
Bluff Point Cemetery - (da2) (9/30)
Doty's Corners Cemetery - (da3) (9/30)
Forest Lawn Cemetery - (da4)
South Oak Hill Cemetery - (da5) (9/30)
North Oak Hill Cemetery - (da5n)
Beachville Cemetery - (da6)
Cobb School Cemetery - (da7)
Unknown Burials - (da8)
Poag's Hole Cemetery - (da9)
Hubbard Stanton Cemetery - (dax1)
Stahl Brothers Cemetery - (dax3) (9/23/00)
Other Dansville links:
1810 Steuben Co., NY Complete Federal Census - compiled by Jim Hope - typed & html by Judy Allen Cwiklinski (3/28/00)
You are our[an error occurred while processing this directive] visitor to visit this page thanks for stopping by!
Last modified Tuesday, 28-Aug-2001 14:19:10 MDT