Thanks and appreciations go to the following people who have kindly helped me with this project.
- Barbara Davis, Librarian of the New Rochelle Public Library, who referred this project to me.
- Rebecca Wexler, formerly of Viewfinder Projections, who contacted me and asked me to find photographs of the people involved in the train collision. The production company put together a history of Grand Central Station which was aired on PBS television as a segment of the American Experience program. Unfortunately, the work that I did never made it into the final show on TV.
- Larry Fajardo, for providing photographs of Theodore Fajardo and his wife Libbie.
- Juliette Perrin Weston Suhr, who provided photographs and information about Alfred M. Perrin and his familly.
- Sue Anne Williams of RAOGK, who kindly took photographs of the Perrin tombstone in Illinois.
- Nick Rossi, who has kindly searched several NYC cemeteries and taken photographs of tombstones of some of the deceased and their families for this project. Nick also tracked down some vital records relating to John M. Wisker and his family.
- Jean-Manuel Finot, manager of the Meyrowitz Opticians in Paris, for information about the Meyrowitz business.
- Katherine Levesque for providing additional information about the Washburn-Davis family.
- Vincent Fasano of the George T. Davis Funeral Home in New Rochelle who kindly provided the names of the cemeteries in which seven people who died in the train collsion where buried by this funeral home.
- Several fine people at Find A Grave web site who tracked down photos of tombstones, such as Paul Sutton Kamalsky.
- Barbara Hibbert, NYC Municipal Archives, who has been very helpful in assisting me in my search for District Attorney indictment papers and court transcripts.
All the information found in this genealogy of the people who died from the January 8, 1902, train wreck was researched and compiled by Cathy Horn. Links have also been provided to other genealogies where found. However, all errors on these web pages for the Park Avenue Tunnel Collision are mine as well as all analysis and subsequent conclusions. However, if you have any information which either corroborates any of this research or refutes it, please contact me. I am also looking for any photographs of the seventeen people who died from the train collision.
Copyright © 2007-2013 by Cathy Horn. All rights reserved.
Researched and compiled by Cathy Horn