Westchester County, NY
NYGenWeb: SURNAME QUERIES FOR
If you have ancestors who lived in Westchester County and you would like to place a Query for others to see, please submit a brief but specific inquiry giving their names, dates and locations to the RootsWeb Message Boards. Queries are no longer being posted directly on this NYGenWeb Westchester site.
Last updated April 20, 1998.
Return to main query page
- MANSER, ROBARDS, BALDOCK
- I am looking for information on James MANSER and Amy ROBARDS who emmigrated to the USA from Battle, Sussex, England ca. 1840 with their children: James, Edward, Albert, Frederick R., Amy, Caroline, William. The family settled in Peekskill, Westchester County, NY. Frederick R. MANSER, born 7 Jun 1835 in Battle, Sussex, England, married Rebecca BALDOCK, b. 2 Sept 1835 NYC. They had 8 children: George E., Edward, Charles F., Frederick R. Jr., Arthur, Frank, Nellie, Bertie. All were born NY from 1860-1875. Frederick served during the Civil War in the 6th NY Heavy Artillery. Any information would be appreciated. LThomas333@aol.com
- McInerney, Daniello
- I am daughter of Thomas and Ann (Daniello) McInerney of Dobbs
Ferry, NY. Thomas born in Dobbs Ferry, I think, in 1909, parents were
Vincent McInerney and Mamie Brown. Mother Ann is youngest of Daniellos -- Antoinette and husband who lived in Bedford or Bedford Hills, NY -- would like detailed info as to births, marriages, siblings, relatives, etc., real estate transactions, etc., as complete as possible for genealogy and research for new book (historically accurate novel) on growing up in small town in NY -- Thomas McInerney was scion of Dobbs Ferry Chamber of Commerce in 1940s, 1950s, owned first A&P in Hastings and Dobbs Ferry -- how do I get vital records of villages and counties? for births, marriages, deaths? Any info welcome.
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- HORTON, HILL
- Catherine HORTON born about 1734 in Westchester Co, NY. She married Andrew HILL about 1752 in Fox Meadows, Westchester Co, NY. They had 9 children. Catherine was buried at the Dutch Reformed Church Cemetery in Ulster Co, NY. She died on 17 September 1774. Interested in ancestral information on Catherine. Stephen C. Emery email@example.com
- GREEN, YERXA, WHITE
- GREEN, Barbara b. abt. 1780, md. Abraham YERXA b. 1775 Philipsburg, Westchester, NY. Looking for Barbara's parents. Her father may have been Henry GREEN s/o Mrs. Elizabeth GREEN of Cortlandt Manor, Westchester, NY. Henry GREEN is said to have also been the father of Elizabeth (Betsey) GREEN who md. bef. 1809 Jacob WHITE s/o Loyalist Thomas WHITE who served in the NY Volunteers. It is believed Henry GREEN was a member of the Guides and Pioneers. He was granted land on Madame Keswick, York, NB, Canada in 1788. Henry had a bro. Isaac of the GP who drowned early. It is suggested that Henry was from RI. Janalee Garn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking for any information on the ancestors of JULIUS EDWARD BURGUIERE who lived in Ossining, New York, born around 1910. Please forward any info to: Fatsand2@aol.com
- Seeking my great-great-grandparents, listed in the 1870 Census for
Hugh Curry, email@example.com
- Artemis Rogers, age 47, occupation Patent Agent, birthplace New York.
- Sarah M Rogers, age 42, birthplace Cornell, New York.
There is no place Cornell that I can find currently listed. The 1895 =
Atlas on the Internet lists a Cornell in Westchester County. Where is
it and where do its records appear.
- Can you help with info about Fitzpatrick family history area Dobbs Ferry circa 1920? Thanks, Busaba Suwathanangku, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bishop, Ackley
- I am looking for John D. Bishop (middle name probably Devoe or Defoe) who lived in Ossining. Based upon the 1850 and 1860 New York Censuses, I believe he was born in 1832 and married Mary Ackley prior to 1855. His oldest son's name was William Bishop born in 1855 and moved to St. Johns, Michigan prior to 1900. Any information is appreciated. I only found him on the 1850 New York Census and did find several Ackley family members living in Ossining. Thanks in advance for your help. Darrell Mundy (email@example.com)
- GAUDINIER, SLOAT, Gordenier, Rothweiler
- I'm looking for information on Nellie Hyatt Gaudinier, also spelled Gordinier, Gaudineer, etc. She was born July 7th 1890, place of birth Somnears Town(?). Her father was George J. Gordenier, mother was Francis Rothweiler Gordenier. Both listed their birthplaces as U.S.A. and the father's occupation as laborer. Three other children were listed as living on Nellie's birth certificate. Nellie married a Robert D. Sloat and an Alberta Gaudinier is listed as a witness to their marriage at Shrub Oak. Nellie and Robert had five children. They separated after their children were placed in an orphanage on November 24, 1914. Their address at that time was listed as Main Street, Peekskill. I am also searching for their children, some of whom, including my grandmother, Clara, were placed in the St. Joseph's Home for Children in Peekskill and later adopted. All were born in Peekskill, NY. The children were:
- Clara Amelia Sloat, D.O.B. 11/10/07 in Peekskille,
- John Henry 4/8/10,
- Robert Emery 1/12/12,
- Charles 4/26/13, or 5/1/14, and
- Helen May 6/22/15.
- Also seeking records from the St. Joseph's Home. Any information on Nellie or any of her children would be greatly appreciated. Kris Gaudinier firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHELAN, ROACH
- Searching for Edward WHELAN(WHALEN) m. Catherine ROACH(ROCHE) abt. 1900-1910. Had 3 offspring: Edward, Catherine and Rita (b. 1916) Please E-mail replies:Lawspa@aol.com
- CANNIFF, REVIER
- Looking for information on Jeremiah Canniff. He was deacon of the Sleepy Hollow church prior to the American Revolution. He was married to Annatie Revier in the Dutch Church in Tarrytown. He had three sons: John, born 1757; James born 1765; and Abraham born 1770. Elaine Moore, email@example.com
- CARTER, SMITH, PHILLIPS
- Lillian Carter (b 1886), daughter of Augustine Smith (d 1929) and
Georgenia Phillips (d 1913). Augustine worked on the original Standard Star newspaper. Georgenia was born in New Rochelle. May have had a sister/in-law, Henrietta. All used to go to Fire Island during the summers. Pat Connors, firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Main Query page
Return to the main page for Westchester County at NYGenWeb.
Return to the NYGenWeb web site.
Copyright © 1996-2012 Cathy Horn. All rights reserved.NYGENWEB's Westchester County URL: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nywestch/
This web site was designed by and has been exclusively maintained since November 1996 by Cathy Horn.