Westchester County, NY
The 1899 Membership Register
for The Empire State Society, S.A.R.
Roll of Ancestors — D
This page was last updated: Thursday, 05-Apr-2012 09:50:55 MDT
Following are the records of the Revolutionary Ancestors of the Members. The names here printed in CAPITALS correspond to the names printed in italics in the Roll of Members; and the names here printed in italics, being the names of Members descended from these ancestors, respectively, correspond to the names printed in CAPITALS in the Roll of Members.
- ELIPHALET DAVENPORT
- Born in Coventry, Conn., in 1752; died in Cazenovia, N. Y., Dec. 17, 1835; served three days on the Lexington Alarm in Capt. Elias Buell's Co., from Coventry, and is believed to have performed other service. He was a pensioner. — Gideon Williams Davenport.
- ISAAC De La MATER
- Born in Oblong, now Amenia, N.Y., Dec. 13, 1762; died in Oran, Onondaga Co., N.Y., March 12, 1830; served in Capt. Jonas Orser's Co., 1st Westchester Co., N.Y., Regt., in January, 1779, and in Capt. Israel Honeywell, Jr.'s, Co., same regiment, in 1781. — Franklin Pierce Denison, Henry De La Mater Denison.
- PHILIP DEYO
- Born in New Paltz, N. Y., July 7, 1752; died there Dec. 12, 1831; signed the Articles of Association of New Paltz, N.Y., April 29, 1775. — Andrew Deyo.
- [Web Editor's Note: The names of Deyo, Lefevre, Du Bois, Hasbrouck and Bevier are well-known Huguenot names in the New Paltz area. If researching these families, be sure to contact the Huguenot Historical Society of New Paltz for any additional information.]
- JEREMIAH DRAKE
- Born in Westchester Co., N.Y., in 1726; died there May 6, 1784; prior to Sept. 20, 1775, was Captain of a military district in Westchester Co.; and was in Capt. Ebenezer Boyd's Co., Col. Samuel Drake's Regt. (the Third North or Manor of Cortlandt Regt.) of Westchester County, June 25, 1778. nHe was a vestryman with Beverly Robinson in St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Peekskill, N.Y. — Cornelius Amory Puglsey.
- JOSEPH DRAKE
- Born in England in 1719; died in Westchester County, N. Y., in 1785; one of the deputies from Westchester County to the Provincial Congress which met at New York, May 23, 1775, and on October 14, 1775, was commissioned Colonel of the 1st (South) Regt. of Westchester Minutemen, at which time he resided in New Rochelle. — Benj. Barton Senia.
- HENRY DUNNELL (or Dwinel)
- Born in Sutton, Mass., Feb. 22, 1762; died Oct. 17, 1805, at Albany, N. Y.; private in the Sutton Company of Massachusetts Militia; participated in the battle of Stony Point. Five other members of the Dwinel family of Sutton were solderis in the Revolution. — John H. Dunnell.
- WILLIAM DUSENBERRY
- Born in 1731; died in Adams' Four Corners, Peekskill, N.Y., Nov. 7, 1815; served in Capt. Israel Knapp's Co., Col. Henry Luddington's 7th Dutchess Co., N.Y., Regt. — Peter Valentine Sherwood.
Return to the Empire State Society Page for Westchester County at NYGenWeb.
Return to the main page for Westchester County at NYGenWeb.
Return to the NYGenWeb web site.
Copyright © 1996-2012 Cathy Horn. All rights reserved.NYGENWEB's Westchester County URL: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nywestch/
This web site was designed by and has been exclusively maintained since November 1996 by Cathy Horn.