Westchester County, NY
The 1899 Membership Register
for The Empire State Society, S.A.R.
Roll of Members — F
This page was last updated: Thursday, 05-Apr-2012 09:50:31 MDT
Membership in the Society of the Sons of the American Revolution is based solely on lineal descent from an ancestor who assisted in securing the Independence of the United States, and wherever the Revolutionary services of collateral members of a family are given in the following pages, they are mentioned only as matter of interest, as are many other facts which in themselves constitute no ground for eligibility. Antecedent generations in the Revolutionary line, back to the immigrant ancestor, are given when they are on record in the Society's archives, as adding value to the book, but the absence of such antecedent lineage in other cases does not necessarily mean that the families can be traced no further, as the Society does not require that the line shall be given further back than the Revolutionary patriot. Every member has been requested to supply for this book his college degrees, military services, public offices and the other organizations to which he belongs, but where such data are lacking, allowance should be made in some instances for the inaccessibility of many members on account of the War with Spain, and in others for the fact that the sending of such information was entirely optional. In order to assist the eye, an index figure has been substituted for a repetition of the world "great" in generations more remote than great-grandson. Thus, "great²-grandson" means "great-great-grandson"; "great5-grandson" means "great-great-great-great-great-grandson," etc. The names of the lineal ancestors who participated in the Revolution are printed in italics, and refer to the corresponding names in the "Roll of Ancestors." The numbers set opposite each member's name are his State and National Numbers respectively.
[Web Editor's Note: Besides showing the Ancestor's name in italics, I've linked the name to that on the corresponding page showing the Ancestor's name and information.]
- WILLIAM H. FALCONER [State: 1231; National: 10931] New York City
- Real estate, retired. Born, New York City, April 7, 1830. Attended Canandaigua Academy. Member of Union League Club and St. Nicholas Society. Son of David Falconer and Rebecca Lucas; grandson of Roger Falconer and Catherine Fisher; great-grandson of John Falconer and Elizabeth Purdy; gt²-grandson of Pierre Fauconnier and Magdalena Pasqueay.
- EDWARD RIDLEY FINCH, [State: 1142; National: 10542] New York City
- Born, New York City, Nov. 15, 1873. Degree of A.B. from Yale University. Member of Yale Club of New York City. Son of Edward Lucius Finch and Annie Ridley Crane; grandson of Rufus Erastus Crane and Anne Maria Ridley; great-grandson of Anson Crane and Experience Brush; gt²-grandson of Jonathan Crane and Berthia Baldwin; gt³-grandson of Joseph Crane.
- EDWIN WILLIAMS FISKE [State: 529; National: 5329] Mount Vernon, NY. .
- Contractor. Born, Shamokin, Pa., July 17, 1861. Mayor of Mount Vernon. Member of the City Club of Yonkers, City Club, Hiawatha Lodge, F. & A. M., Mount Vernon Chapter and Bethlehem Commandery of Mount Vernon, and Order of Elks and Mecca Shrine of New York City. Son of Samuel Fiske and Amanda Stoddart; grandson of Isaac Stoddart and Lydia Butler; great-grandson of John Stoddart and Rebecca Ashton, and of Capt. Zebulon Butler and Jemina Fish; gt²-grandson of Isaac Ashton and Rebecca Powell, and of Col. Zebulon Butler and Lydia Johnson.
- ARTHUR FITCH, [State: 1232; National: 10932] New York City, NY
- Cashier of Grand Union Hotel, New York City. Born, Durham, N.Y., July 10, 1849. Member of 7th Regt. N. G. N. Y. from 1883 to 1893 Son of Rev. Silas Fitch and Mary A. White, etc. See Theodore Fitch.
- JAMES SEELY FITCH, [State: 1209; National: 10909] Yonkers, NY
- Lawyer and real estate broker. Born, Coeymans, N.Y., Dec. 2, 1847. Degree of LL.D. from Columbia Law School. Trustee of Board of Education of City of Yonkers, 1892-97 and 1897-1902. Member of Park Hill Country Club, City Club of Yonkers, F. & A. M., R. A. M. and K. T., and Order of Founders and Patriots of America. Son of Rev. Silas Fitch and Mary A. White, etc. See Theodore Fitch.
- THEODORE FITCH [State: 1210; National: 10910] Yonkers, NY
- Lawyer. Born, Franklin, N.Y., March 30, 1844. Degrees of A.B. and A.M. from Yale University. City Attorney of Yonkers, 1876-83. Member of Order of Founders and Patriots of America. Son of Rev. Silas Fitch and Mary A. White; grandson of Col. Silas Fitch and Clarissa Howell, and of Nathaniel Smith White and Anna Seely; great-grandson of Matthew Fitch, 2d, and Sarah Reed, and of Silvanus Seely and Mary Hoyt; gt²-grandson of Matthew Fitch, Ist, and of Lydia Olmstead, and of Joseph Hoyt (Hait) and Jane King; gt³-grandson of John Fitch, 2d, and Lydia Bushnell; gt4-grandson of John Fitch, Ist, and Rebecca Lindall; gt5-grandson of Thomas Fitch, who came to Connecticut from Bocking, Eng., in or about 1638.
Return to the Empire State Society, SAR page for Westchester County at NYGenWeb.
Return to the main page for Westchester County at NYGenWeb.
Return to the NYGenWeb web site.
Copyright © 1996-2012 Cathy Horn. All rights reserved.NYGENWEB's Westchester County URL: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nywestch/
This web site was designed by and has been exclusively maintained since November 1996 by Cathy Horn.