Old Fairlie, South Canterbury, N.Z.
 POST=CARDS 


Main Street, Fairlie. The railway line went up on the right hand side of the medium.
The first accommodation house at Fairlie was built where Wright Stephenson's store was located, by James Litster.


The Gladstone Hotel, Fairlie. W. Ferrier, photographer

The Gladstone, the bottom pub, 1907.
Gladstone Hotel, the bottom pub.


Mt Dobson. Approaching Fairlie from Geraldine by Gladys Goodall. No. 2020.


Allandale Bridge, Fairlie heading towards Geraldine across the Opihi River.


The Fairlie Post Office, Main Street


The Fairlie Railway Station is now at the Horse Drawn Museum up the Mt. Cook Road.
Across, Main Street, from the railway station was the post office.


The Rimuwhare- a motel with a reception room, wedding breakfast's often held here.

Timaru Herald, 2 October 1900, Page 3
Mrs Freeme, Fairlie, wrote objecting to the doctor using a public road past her place as a paddock, and she intended to impound his animals. The chairman explained that the Council gave the doctor permission to hang a gate on the road, but that permission gave no rights against the Impounding Act.

South Canterbury NZGenWeb Project