George Feltz

George Feltz, county auditor of Allen County, was born
in Seneca County Ohio, March 18,1843, and is a son of Florentz and
Margaret (Loefler ) Feltz.
          The parents were born in Germany, where the father followed
the occupation of gardening. He served in the French Army for nine years
and came to the United States in 1840, settling first in Seneca County,
Ohio, where he engaged in farming until 1850, when he removed to Mercer
County, where he died, age 85 years and four months. He had two
children.
          George Felz was liberally educated at St. Mary's College and
at other institutions and then engaged in teaching for some seven years
at Sidney, Ohio, and other points. In 1867 he came to Allen County,
engaged in the insurance business and established and was the editor and
proprietor of the Lima Courier. He was very active in the organizing of
building and loan associations; the three that he was instrumental in
establishing proved beneficial to all concerned. For 30 years he was
secretary and manager of building and loan associations at Lima and at
present is on the board of directors of The Citizens' Loan and Building
Association.
            Mr. Feltz is serving his second term as auditor of Allen
County, having been first elected to the office in 1900 and reelected in
1903. In every way he has been an acceptable official, conscientiously
discharging every duty and being faithful to every trust.
              Mr. Feltz was united in marriage with Elizabeth Holtgreve,
who is a daughter of Anthony Holtgreve, of Delphos, Ohio.  Mrs. Reltz
was formerly a popular  and successful teacher in Van Wert and Auglaize
counties. They have four children, viz:  Leander A., Albin G., Arthur C.,
and Otmar J., Leander A. is secretary and manager of The Citizens' Loan
and Building Association, of Lima; Albin G. and Otmar J. are mangers of
the dry goods store of Feltz Brothers & Company, of Lima, while Arthur
C. is assistant cashier of The Ohio National Bank, of Lima.
              The pleasant family home is situated at No. 321 North West
street.
              Mr. Feltz ia a finished musician and for 30 years has been
organist of St. Rose's Catholic Church, to which he and his family
belong. He is a member of the Knights of Columbus and the Elks.