Census Main Page
Ashtabula was formed June 7, 1807, from Trumbull and Geauga, and organized January 22, 1811.
The U.S. has taken a census of its population every ten years since 1790. The most recent census available to us at present is the 1930 census, due to a 72-year privacy restriction.
The first federal census for Ashtabula County was the 1820. Records you can use prior to this are the tax lists from Geauga and Trumbull Counties.
Geauga County Tax Lists
- 1804 Ashtabula Area
- 1810 Ashtabula Township
- 1810 Jefferson Township
- 1810 Kingsville Township
- 1810 Richfield Township
- 1810 Salem Township
- 1810 Harpersfield Township
Ashtabula County Census
U. S. Federal Census
- 1820 Index
- 1830 Index
- 1840 Index
- 1850 Index (off site link) USGenWeb Census Project
- 1860 Census (off site link) USGenWeb Census Project
- 1860 Census (off site link)USGenNet
- 1860 List of Ashtabula County's senior citizens, age 70-79.
- 1860 List of Ashtabula County's senior citizens, age 80 or older
- 1880 Index