FIRST FAMILIES OF AUGLAIZE COUNTY
For admission to Auglaize County First Families, your ancestor must have settled within the present boundaries of Auglaize County, Ohio, on or before, December 31, 1850. Common Ancestor applications do not require duplicate information or proof.
BASIC RULES FOR APPLYING FOR FIRST FAMILIES OF AUGLAIZE COUNTY, OHIO
1. The ancestor(s) must have settled in Auglaize county on or before December 31,1850
2. You must be a member of the Auglaize County Genealogical Society when applying for an application, when returning it, or when accepting the certificate
3. If more than one individual is applying under a common ancestor, each applicant must be a member as set forth in Rule #2
4. All applications must be postmarked by May 31st will be reviewed and upon acceptance will be honored at the First Family presentation. If received after June 15th. the applicant will have to wait until the next First Family presentation.
5. A $3.00 dollar application fee must accompany the application. The application must be typed or hand printed and be legible.
6. All proofs must show their source
7. Female ancestors must be proved as individuals by their maiden names. In extreme cases, when no other document is available, a tombstone picture for the wife will be accepted, if she is identified as the wife of ______ and her maiden name appears on the stone.
8. Since the volunteers follow the names as listed inside your application, please do not separate the two pages when typing them.
9. The application, information, and all supporting documents and data become the property of the Auglaize County Genealogical Society upon approval of the application.
Applications maybe obtained by sending a request for same to; The Auglaize County Genealogical Society, Post Office Box 2021, Wapakoneta, Ohio 45895