Contributed by Larry Helton, 2008
Augspurger Cemetery is on the Augspurger Farm parcel in Madison Township, Butler County, Ohio.
Bordered by 6328 Sycamore Road, Kay Drive, and dead-end of Trenton Place.
fence, gate, and cable; mowed; dirt road.
Fourteen broken and missing gravestones.
(NS) = new stone (OS) = old stone
Seven marked graves:
|AUGSPURGER||A partial monument stone found over fence in the woods.|
|Catharina||b Mar. 7, 1849||d Mar 14, 1885 (OS)|
|Catharina||1849-1885||separate Mother stone (NS)|
|Nicholas G.||1843-1916||separate Father stone (NS)|
|Elizabeth||b Nov 2, 1860||d Mar 24, 1884 (OS)|
|Magdalena G.||b Oct 19, 1847||d Jan 28, 1902 (OS)|
|Magdalena||b Oct 19, 1847||d Jan 28, 1902 (NS)|
|Andrew||Baden, Germany 1793||Trenton, Ohio 1850 (NS)|
Gospel Herald Obituary - January 1917|
Augspurger. - Nicklous Augspurger, son of the late Bishop Nickolas and Magdalena Augspurger, was bon near Trenton, Butler Co., Ohio, Feb. 22, 1843; passed to his eternal reward on Dec. 27, 1916; aged 73 y. 10 m. 5 d. He united in marriage with Catharine Schantz, Feb. 20, 1873, who preceded him in death March 4, 1885. This union was blessed with two daughters and one son, Clara, Julina, and Willis, who are left to mourn the loss of a kind and loving father. He also leaves seven grandchildren, two brothers, one sister. Two grand children preceded him in death. In his youth he united with the Amish Church near Trenton, Ohio, of which his father and grandfather were for many years the bishop. Funeral services were held at his late home in Trenton by David Augspurger in German and at the Trenton Church by H. H. Grubb in English. Interment in Augspurger Cemetery.