Hints & Tips
1940 U.S. Census
- Create a list of people in your family for the 1940 census, also a Project Explorer filter:
1940 Census Candidate Lists
- Wholly Genes Community Forum - News, Information (including FAQs) and Support - plus their newsletter (if you aren't subscribed)
Don't miss this great site!
- All Users: don't miss Lee Hoffman's TMG Tips
- For those just beginning, go to his "Tutorials and Articles" and read
- Another great tip site with articles by version: Terry Reigel's TMG Tips
- Looking for help with research? The TMG Research Log may be just the thing. For ideas see:
- For TMG, UFT and Roots versions: The RUG of Arlington, VA (Roots Users Group) caters to all
- TMG Users' Genealogy Web Sites: links to TMG and Second Site webpages
- Help, ideas, and friendly users gather on the TMG mailing list.
- To subscribe to TMG-L, send a message to
that contains in the body of the message the command
and no other text. No subject line is necessary, but if your software requires one,
just use subscribe in the subject, too.
- Search TMG-L archives.
CAGG-CA User Group
Creating Reports in TMG
GEDCOM and more
Sharing data using The Master Genealogist v4.0x
TMG Narrative Report
LYLE Family Report
Created in TMG and enhanced for publication
(both descendant and ancestor reports)