Tracking Vol VII #5 pg52 * July 1981AUDITOR'S OFFICE
Next we find an 1835 Transfer Book, sometimes land was transferred there then never recorded at Recorder's Office, so could be your only proof:
- Liberty Twp.: Susan Klinger to John Herman; Daniel Ulmer to Jacob Frantz; Abr. Vanduser to Adam Ulmer;
- Jackson Twp. - Joseph Smith to Daniel Shoemaker; Joseph Smith to Georg Smith; Henry Johnston to Issac Kilmer; John Rinehart to Thomas Rinehart; Samuel Pletcher to Nicholas Helfrich; Andrew Miller to Jonas Shoemaker; Christian Smith to John Freese
- Whetstone Twp - Henry Nye & William Nye to David Nye (heirs); John Campbell to Peter Christman; Peter Kail to Tobias Keile
- Whetstone Twp Land taxes in 1833 - David Reid; Joseph Albright; John Albright;
- Personal Property tax - Jacob Keister; Robert Reid
- Cranberry Twp - 1835 lands - Aaron Corey; John Corey
- Sandusky Twp - 1835 lands and houses, owners names. - Henry Arrett; Job Burwell; Issac Burwell; Jacob A. Pletcher; Jacob Pletcher; David Reid; James Robison; David Robison; Adam Tracht
- Personal Property - Jacob Monnonsmith; George Monnonsmith and Christian Sener.
THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LISTING
(to be continued)
From Tracking Vol. VII, #2 - March 1981 - pg. 15
MARY FOX COPIED
LIST OF FORFEITED LANDS * 1838 - 1843 from Auditor's Office Crawford Co.
Jackson Twp. Sycamore Twp. Whetstone Twp. 1841 1839 owner's names Jacob Biebler Dexter Bacon Peter Deckerhoff Eaven Hieit? H. & W. Ney Andrew Udums? Miller Wm Jones Bucyrus Twp. Adam Zehring Daniel Prat Wm. Early Cranberry Twp Tymochtee Twp. John Shaw Jacob Borker Frederick Arney Holmes Twp. Abel Casto Jofseph Chaffee Scott & Lauch Jofseph Udums Snider Horten Howart Lykins Twp. Chatfield Twp. Jofseph Hart P. & J. Hums? James Blake Jeremiah B Ludwig Tymochtee Twp. David Clute John Ludwig James B. Anderson Peter Fried Abel Ralson Crawford Twp. Byron Kilborn? Crawford Twp. Wm. McDowell Andrew Koonsey Anthony H. Arnold Mifflin Twp. Peter Refsher Martin Smith Peter Hermes John H. Scott Pitt Twp. John Hawkins Wm. Vanduser Hesel P. Reinson? Timothy Bowden? Liberty Twp. Forfeited Lands 1841 Annapolis village? John Andersen Cranberry Twp. Ovens William John Cove Samuel Brown Henry Welch Jonas George James Elliott Elmer Yocum George Myers Peter Metzger John Wilson Jacob Mice Peter Smith Joseph Wilson Peter Stuckman Jr. Chatfield Twp. William Stinson Lloyd Addy Whetstone Twp. Frederich Ellen Lyman Parcher Adam Breamer Bucyrus Twp. Nancy Bunitz? John J. Bowman Benjamin Coons Wm. Blair Valentine Knell? George Hiser Christopher Lutz Abraham Holm James Stafford Daniel McMichael Liberty Twp. Holmes Twp. Cornelues Dorland Samuel Dempsey Peter Sell Casper Garrison Truman Holmes Daniel Henthorn Nathen Henkins R5C1
Note from Mary: THIS COMPLETED THE ENTRIES. The names are spelled the way I found them, underlined when in question. One of the women who worked in the courthouse in the office for years, and could look right at these books didn't know they existed ! This often happens in court records.
If you would like to contribute your Crawford County Land Records articles, pictures and information, as well as any errors or corrections please email to: email@example.com